STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oo i agree, bath tea and crochet! My complaint is the bath water doesn't stay warm long enough, you just get in and it gets cold! I like the hot tub idea! Someone should design and market that.... i'd buy one!

I'm bad, I keep the hot water running intermittently to warm my water up.

WAH now I want a bath!!

Sorry ds, I didn;t pick you up from school, I was crocheting in the tub.

Drive to piano? , sorry, I am crocheting in the tub.

Dinner? sorry, I was crocheting in the tub.

Don't think it would go over to well!!:lol

Bizzy...I was **almost** lucky enough to deliver my second in a whirlpool tub...and regular tubs don't fit me even when I'm not preggers...I'm just too fluffy LOL...but I was induced with her and had a room with the tub and I spent about 5 hours non-stop in that thing! I was SOOO great for the labor pains (especially the back labor) and I fit easily no matter how I wanted to move...so I don't think you'll have any trouble on your special weekend!!

OK...I finished the 2 strand scrap granny square play afhgan for the girls...used up all the last of my scrap yarn, now I've only got yarn that I have at least 7 or 8 oz of. But this thing took 10 balls, so I added 10 points to my score...

But reading the posts I think I might have gotten my scoring info wrong...please someone tell me if I'm in error here or not...I have been counting my score this way..1 point for partial skeins/balls used regardless of size, 2 points for full skeins used all the way start to finish regardless of size, and removing 1 point for eash skein purchased. Is that right, or should it be 2 points for each skein purchased?? If it's 2 pts per skein bought, I need to subtract 3 more points....

Someone had asked if we were making things we would normally have worked up anyway....I have to admit...to get all the balls of scraps to go away I did just make things that I didn't care what they looked like as long as they were functional and used the yarn....but now that I have good amounts of everything that's left, I will be returning to my planned projects...

Jessie

it is 2 points for each purchased! i wish it was the other way! i got back to zero because of a purchase....hopefully this weekend will change that....

too bad there isnt some kind of heater that we could stick in the tub to keep the water hot....like the ones for a fish tank....it would have to be a superduper one to keep the tub hot....last night we got a small heater to keep the bathroom warmer....it is great....now to keep the water hot!

OK...thanks for the clarification...I'm off to take off 3 more points for what I bought the other day....

As for the reading in the tub...when I was younger I'd always get in trouble cause I'd take Mom's books into the tub with me and she'd get angry when she saw the edges of the pages all wrinkled up from getting wet...I never did figure out the trick to reading in the bath and keeping the book dry LOL!!

Jessie

Aaaaw! He doesn't look so creepy with his nose and ears on, Becca! I think he turned out cute. A lot cuter than the one I made for our two older boys, and they still like theirs. Good Job! :manyheart

Tina

I like the purple teddy bear, I don't think he looks creepy at all.

Um, I get to add to my score, I used up a ball of yellow working on premie hats today! :cheer

Might even be able to add a few more points by tomorrow if I get off here and get my hook busy again, :lol so I'm at -11!

ok I didn't get much crocheting done yet today but I did break down and make a trip to JoAnn's and ended up buying 5 skeins :eek Now I need to see how much of my negative I can knock out before tomorrow :hook

DSCN1459.jpg

He's done! and even though still a little creepy it looks like a bear so i guess that counts :) lol My cousin likes him and at almost 9mths old she is the resident expert on teddy bears :)

I think he is absolutely ADORABLE!!!

Ok peeps, I have to deduct 20 points...look at this score!!!! I got a package in from my SP9 pal...and she loaded it with goodies, most importantly 10 skiens of yarn!!!

SP9-Final.jpg

I really don't mind so much ... it's absolutely GORGEOUS yarn!!! Off to change my score!

This has been a good week! I didn't get a lot of actualy crocheting done. Last night I did pull out all of my yarn and patterns that I want to make and paired them up and then put each pattern with its yarn in zip lock bags. Now all I need to do is pull a bag out of the drawer and start the project. I am hoping that this will help me use my stash up quicker! All that is left is some partial skeins/pieces that fit in 1 drawer. I must confess that the reason for my score for the week is that I am gifting my son's teacher with a bag of yarn (she knits). Hey, it's out of my hair though!

Janelle,

You have EIGHTY points this week???!!!!???? WOWZER!!! I'm impressed. I thought I was doing good and I have only about 20 ish (haven't totally counted yet.)

This scrap 'ghan using 3 strands is making my stash pile go down quick. I'm happy. Maybe I could actually get my yarn into one tub. That would make hubby happy!! :lol

I actually got a skein of bulky yarn of some kind made up into 2 hot pads in about 2 hours I'm amazed but unfortunatly that was the only bulky yarn I have lol so now back to the sport weight and ww.

Danielle,

I was looking at your sig line and thinking that was quite an accomplishment to finish all you did "last year". And then I looked again and you have done all that in ONE MONTH!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW girl!!! You should be doing well on this stash buster game. :cheer

boy maybe I will get some more crocheting doing tonight and tomorrow.... my laptop only have 15 minutes of battery, and with the way this snow is falling we may just lose power yet!!

a sad thing to be excited about i know, but all my work i have to do in on my laptop so without it i can have fun!

Danielle,

I was looking at your sig line and thinking that was quite an accomplishment to finish all you did "last year". And then I looked again and you have done all that in ONE MONTH!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWW girl!!! You should be doing well on this stash buster game. :cheer

I've kind of slowed down now :hook I'm having some back problems so I have been moving a lot slower, Plus I start school again on Feb 15th and I'm looking for a job so things will move even slower :( Unfortunately 75% of those projects were done before we started the stashbusters cal and I am thinking about buying some yarn for a ghan for my mom :lol there goes all my points

KnicKnac,

Sorry..what is SP9? I am still learning all the abbreviations. :)

CAL= crochet-a-longs

WIP= Work in project

Correct?

SP9 - is an off crochetville swap "Secret Pal" - and it's the 9th one. I don't think I am allowed to link to it on here.

Utoh .... I just bought 9 skeins of yarn :lol woops ......... I really want to make my mom a afghan and I was looking at joann's and i found yarn i like ... yea it all went down hill from there ... i did have 12 other skeins in there but I held back :lol

Danielle that's funny! Which afghan u making your mom??

I get 3 more points, I used up the rest of a skein and had to make a ball with the remnants of another after finishing a blanket tonight, so wahoo!!!

:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar:embar

Ok. Well above shows how embarrassed I am about my disgracefully effort for this week. I went shopping last Sunday and got 37 balls of Yarn, then to make things worse we have had the hottest, humid week on the planet and by the time I finish work I'm so exhausted I haven't felt like crocheting (just sleeping). Then worst I went shopping this morning and bought 14 more balls of yarn (All very cheap and on special) but still more yarn. I have however crocheted with some just now but only 1/2 a skein. Since I won't be able to do anymore later on I will list my total for week now

SCORE FOR WEEK -50

Hopefully I will do better next week. Couldn't do worse. :P

Archived