STASH BUSTING crochet-along GAME!! ****CLOSED FOR 2007 ****

Krystal16

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

despite having my parents over for a few hours... I've got quite a bit done today. I used up 1/2 each of 2 skeins *bernat baby - fingering wt yarn* making a doll outfit for my daughter. I did it double stranded since I don't like how thin it was.:(:lol So +2 for that.

I'm also making her a jacket for fall/winter. We don't have a lot of extra money right now and the cold weather came up a little too quickly - she was without a coat that fit. Momma to the rescue.:hook:yarn It's a 4 strand coat made in simply soft and a "K" hook. Nice tight HDC stitches.... it is using LOTS of yarn!:cheer So far I've used up 2 partials and made 2 full skeins into balls. So +4. I hope to finish it tonight so she can wear it tomorrow.. as it will probably be cool in the morning.

+6 so far for the day!:clap:yay

Bustin stash again due to the Square CAL!!!

What a wonderful way to use up all those pesky scraps.

But after seeing what everyone has been making with their scraps, I'm doing some rethinking. :think

But then another monthly square cal comes along and I bust the scraps again...oh well

Posting a +8 for the evening

*****Got thorough another 5 balls so now up to +13

***Monday's count is 1 skein and 4 balls so I am adding another + 6 to my count for the week

Angelfire -- thanks for digging through the old posts and finding my score....

I haven't been on in awhile. I've been reading alot, got 10 books for my birthday and I can't wait to read them all!! My eBay shipment got here this afternoon.....15 skeins of yarn so -30 :eek

I'm working on my squares for the football square challenge and still working on my snuggles, so I should be able to bust a few balls and skeins this week.....off to update my siggy.

Well, I took care of 2 skeins last night, which was happy. Then, I got LOTS of yarn in the mail today. I received some from my SP, I forgot to count how many skeins (I think 6 or 7) and I received the last shipment of Weasley Sweater yarn. So, I think that's 21 skeins total (14 for the sweaters). Which means -38 for the week.

I'm slowly working through the Lion suede I bought a few weeks ago. I busted one skein on Sunday and another on Monday so I am at +4 so far this week. I may not get too much more done this week as I have company coming in from out of town who are staying til Monday morning.

It was a productive night at work. I finished making a few kitchen sets and bathroom sets that have been sitting around in my WIP pile for a while. So, I busted 5 skeins total on those. I'm about to buy some more yarn after my doc's appointment because a washcloth I was working on turned into a hanging towel when I suddenly became inspired and now I need to go get another skein or two to complete the set!!

So, +10 for me!! Yeah!!!

I'm starting off the week with a +2, thanks to the football game last night.

I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of stash busting in the next several months. I found out this morning my youngest cat (he's 6) has congestive heart failure, so he'll be on medications for the rest of his life (however long that is), plus today's visit with his vet cardiologist is costing me $750 (give or take a few dollars). Ooof. But what can I do? I'm in love with this little cat, and I'll do what I can for as long as he's willing to let me and does okay.

Oh, Renee, my heart goes to you and your precious cat. Good luck! I know I would keep my chubby alive as long as I could, if she were comfortable, if something like that ever happened to her. She's the love of my life.

I did not make it to the yarn store today, which is probably thankful! So, no negatives!! I hope to make it down soon, but this week is crazy busy!

Thanks, Renee! I love this cat more than anything (and good thing, yesterday's visit cost me $900, but that includes a gazillion medications that I have to give him). He seems to be doing better, so it really is just 1 day at a time with him right now...

Oh, and I'm still at just +2 for hte week. I was too depressed last night to crochet (and you know that's really depressed!). :lol

:blush Well I fell off the wagon again!!!!

Went to WalMart the other day and they dropped their price on RHSS and Simply soft. RHSS is now under $2.00 and Simply soft is now at $2.07

Also Simply soft has come out with some new color lines some of them are in the "Heather" and some are called "Mist" in 5 oz size all at $2.07 I really like the greens and plums :c9

So now that I said that I have to annouce how many I purchased :blush

12 skeins and took a class last night and had to purchase a skein for that :blush ( that totals a negative 26)

So I am now I have to adjust my score.....I really do not see my self digging out of the hole so I will just enjoy the new yarn and aim for a better next week .... :yes

Sorry about your cat's illness I know it's tough.

I busted 1 more skein trying to design a shrug for my MIL. so +2 more. I'm doing real good this week so far. I just need to stay away from the stores the rest of this week. :)

I will not go to WalMart and get yarn! That'll be my mantra tomorrow.

Renee, good luck. When you get your meds, look at 1800petmeds.com. We get our heartworm meds from there for our cats and it does come out cheaper then buying them at the vet. I hope your little guy starts to feel better. There's nothing like a purr and a warm fuzzy kitty next to you to make a bad day so much better.

I managed to get a skein in last night and will hopefully bust out another one tonight. Slow but suire, that's the game!

I took care of another skein at work last night. It would be a great week if I hadn't received all that yarn! Hopefully I'll get another skein or two tonight and I know that I"ll have something to write home about on Friday evening. I'll have to post then because Saturday = Social Day for me in which I drive a grand total of 5 hours in and around the southwestern part of my state to have 3 going away meals, see my mom, and drink wine with old friends. There won't be any time for crocheting unless I run into some serious traffic!!!

Renee, healing thoughts going out to you and your cat from me and mine. If it makes you feel any better, you are not the only slave to your pet here. I spent about $6000 on my cat this summer, who needed surgery and then was discovered to have cancer. It is your baby and, frankly, your money--you can spend it any way you wish (I got some strange looks from some of my coworkers, but I don't tell them how to spend their money; they shouldn't tell me how to spend mine). :hug to you both, Patty and her two felines, Daisy and Lana

Well, I got the box of yarn on Monday, so I don't think there's any hope of me getting out of the negatives, but I'm trying. I've used up 2 skeins of green on my dad's Christmas afghan (+4) and used up one skein of blue yarn making squares and working on my scrapghan. So +6 all together.......

Archived