John Deere Baby Blanket-Updated 1/27

CrochetinClara

I started working on this this past weekend, and finished it about 10 minutes ago! A friend of my Mom's is having her first grandson, well..her son and DIL are having the baby! Anyway, they are BIG collectors of John Deere...I mean BIG! My Mom had asked if I would make a baby blanket for them, and I told her I would look for a pattern and make a John Deere blanket for the baby. She loved the idea, and told her friend about it...to see what her reaction would be. Well...she loved the idea too. Of course I have spent the greater part of 7 months looking for a pattern, even contacting John Deere(with no response)...so I did what any crocheter would do....I made a pattern. The shower is next saturday, and I am going...have to see first hand the Mommy-to-be's reaction! I didn't put John Deere on the blanket, for one..I was afraid everyone would be calling her son John...and second, it's pretty clear to see that's the symbol for John Deere, don't think I had to put it on there.

Now, I think it's ok to post a pic because I made the pattern and I am not selling it, and all that other legal stuff...but if I am breaking a rule...well, Admins now what to do(and sorry!)

362161506_623c1a243c_m.jpg

Update: The baby shower was today, and the mom-to-be loved the blanket! As soon as she opened it, she started to laugh, and then held it up and everyone was cheering! She said " Ohhhh, his very own John Deere blankie!" And her Mom said " He's already starting his collection!" My Mom had gotten her a little John Deere rocking tractor...it's too cute!

That is the concept of creativity realized! You did something that is going to wow them and you created it to boot. What a great project, and I for one want to know how they received your wonderful gift! WTG!!!!!!

Great job on the blanket! My SIL is a lover of John Deere stuff as well, so when she got pregnant and we found out it was a boy, there was no other choice than to make a JD blanket. Kudos to you, though, for sitting down and graphing out their logo. :applause I just found a tractor graph online and did it up in JD colors. I was pleased with how it turned out, but I LOVE the logo. It looks GREAT!!

Kathy

Wow! You are just amazing ! :cheer

I love that you came up with that on your own and that it looks like the REAL DEAL. You met obstacles, but you were focused and just totally met the challenge!

I really admire those on the 'ville that can chart! I have tried and it always looks messy!

I need to find someone local that knows how that I can watch!

Anyway.... beautiful work... be very proud. And yeah, I think that since it's for personal use the logo thing is no big deal. And who knows... maybe John Deere would like you to write the pattern up so that they can sell it (and give you a portion...)!

I'm sure there are a lot of crocheters out there that would LOVE the pattern!:yes

Keep up the awesome work.

Wow! You are just amazing ! :cheer

I love that you came up with that on your own and that it looks like the REAL DEAL. You met obstacles, but you were focused and just totally met the challenge!

I really admire those on the 'ville that can chart! I have tried and it always looks messy!

I need to find someone local that knows how that I can watch!

Anyway.... beautiful work... be very proud. And yeah, I think that since it's for personal use the logo thing is no big deal. And who knows... maybe John Deere would like you to write the pattern up so that they can sell it (and give you a portion...)!

I'm sure there are a lot of crocheters out there that would LOVE the pattern!:yes

Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks everyone! My mom said the same thing "You should let them know you made a pattern and will give it to them if they give you a prtion of the sales!" I thought of contacting them, and maybe I might. Even if it's not for a dollar deal, would be nice to be able to put it out there for others.

Archived