Red Heart Super Saver announcement

It's for five colors only:

To make it easier for consumers to find matching shades in colors 311 White, 313 Aran, 316 Soft White, 381 Light Blue, and 322 Pale Yellow we are adding a 4-digit code to the Super Saver label for these five colors only.

Still a good thing but important for everyone to know so they're not in there trying to match black or green.

Not a bad idea. Whenever I ask DH to pick me up an extra ball or two, I send him with a snippet of the yarn so he knows the exact colour. The first time I sent him for more yarn, he brought back a colour two shades too light. At least with these added codes, I only need to send him with the label and he won't mix up my whites.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Whenever I ask DH to pick me up an extra ball or two, I send him with a snippet of the yarn so he knows the exact colour.

Auntie K

My husband can't tell green from blue, so this would never work for me.

Thanks for the link, I also e-mailed it to my mom. Both have us have recently finished projects that under good light have dye-lot-itis (green for her and Aran for me). Just yesterday I was in my craft store and tried to buy matching soft white by matching the other goofy set of numbers, I didn't realize that code dealie was there. The bad thing about dye-lot-itis is that I generally don't notice until I've gone quite a ways with a bummer skein or I've finished the entire project.:angry

thanks for the info!!! when i was working on this afghan,,i couldn't believe the difference in trying to match up the off white since it said no dye lot..there was an obvious difference!!! hope this helps....

Archived