Tiny Striped Turtle

KristieMN

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh my word! A turtle soap holder! Man, that would be cute! If you make it, I'd be interested in seeing pics!

I'll definitely post pix if I do this ... first I need to try it out with #10 thread and see how it sizes up ... if your pattern needs much changing I'll let you know what I did so you can copy it if you like

Kristie first I'd like to say I love the little turtles. Second, I'd like to say how incredibly talented you are for creating this wonderful pattern and giving it to everyone for free.

Now here comes my craziness. I'm admittedly new to crocheting, and especially having trouble with ANY amigurumi I come across, but I really would like to make these turtles. My 15 month old loves them.

Anyway, I'm going to just write out the pattern as I understand it, and you can come behind me and correct anything that I am doing wrong if you wouldn't mind.

I am also wondering if you have a good website with a good tutorial for using 2 different colors in your pattern. I tried it earlier, but I got confused and just frogged the whole project because I didn't know what in the world I was doing. Thanks!

Each round will end up with a slip-stitch to the first single crochet made in that row (I'm guessing this is made into the single crochet, not the chain made at the beginning of the row, lol)

With Color 1

Chain 2

1) 6 single crochet in 2nd chain from hook (the chain directly next to the slipknot at the beginning), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

2) chain 1, 2 single crochet in each single crochet around (12 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 1

3) chain 1, (2 single crochet in first single crochet, single crochet in the next single crochet) repeat around (18 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

4) chain 1, single crochet in each single crochet around, slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 1

5) chain 1, (2 single crochet in first single crochet, single crochet in next 2 single crochet) repeat around (24 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

6) chain 1, single crochet in each single crochet around, slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 1

7) chain 1, (2 single crochet in first single crochet, single crochet in next 3 single crochet) repeat around (30 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

8) chain 1, single crochet in each single crochet around, slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 1

9) chain 1, single crochet in each sc around, finish off Color 1 at end of this row, slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

10) chain 1, single crochet in each single crochet around, slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

11) in back loop only, chain 1, (single crochet decrease, single crochet in next 3 single crochet) repeat around (24 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

12) chain 1, (single crochet decrease, single crochet in next 2 single crochet) repeat around (18 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

STUFF SHELL

With Color 2

13) chain 1, (single crochet decrease, single crochet in next single crochet) repeat around (12 single crochet), slip stitch in first single crochet of row

With Color 2

14) chain 1, single crochet decrease around (6 single crochet), no slip stich??

Finish off, use tail to sew hole closed

Head is done in continuous spiral (no slip stitch or chain at end of row??)

chain 2

1) 6 single crochet in 2nd chain from hook

2) 2 single crochet in each single crochet around (12 single crochet)

3) (2 single crochet in first single crochet, single crochet in next single crochet) repeat around (18 single crochet)

4) (2 single crochet in first single crochet, single crochet in next 2 single crochet) repeat around (24 single crochet)

5) single crochet in each single crochet around

6) single crochet in each single crochet around

7) single crochet in each single crochet around

8) (single crochet decrease, single crochet in next 2 single crochet) repeat around (18 single crochet)

9) single crochet in each single crochet around

10) (single crochet decrease, single crochet in next single crochet) repeat around (12 single crochet)

slip stitch to next single crochet. finish off, leaving long tail for sewing

Legs are done in one continuous spiral (no slip stitch or chain at end of row??)

chain 2

1) 6 single crochet in 2nd chain from hook

2) single crochet in each single crochet around

3) single crochet in each single crochet around

slip stitch to next single crochet. finish off leaving long tail for sewing

Tail

chain 4

1) slip stitch in 2nd chain from hook, slip stitch in next chain, single crochet in last chain

finish off

Stuff and sew head to turtle body

Sew legs on the underside of the turtle

Sew tail onto turtle tush

Enjoy turtle!

Kristie first I'd like to say I love the little turtles. Second, I'd like to say how incredibly talented you are for creating this wonderful pattern and giving it to everyone for free.

Now here comes my craziness. I'm admittedly new to crocheting, and especially having trouble with ANY amigurumi I come across, but I really would like to make these turtles. My 15 month old loves them.

Anyway, I'm going to just write out the pattern as I understand it, and you can come behind me and correct anything that I am doing wrong if you wouldn't mind.

I am also wondering if you have a good website with a good tutorial for using 2 different colors in your pattern. I tried it earlier, but I got confused and just frogged the whole project because I didn't know what in the world I was doing. Thanks!

Thank you for the compliment!!

I just had a chance to skim though your interpretation quickly.

It looks like you have the basic idea of the pattern.

If you miss a stitch, or add an extra one in, it isnt a big deal. They dont look much different.:)

I dont know offhand a tutorial on changing colors. One easy way is to finish off one color, and join with a slip stitch in any sc with another color.

Ch 1, and continue on.

I just posted another pattern for everyone!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60226

If you have any specifics, feel free to pm me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What can I say... these were just the cutest. I understand that after joining this site I do not have the time for any work. You inspire me too much :yay I just have to add these on my " what to do " list.

Love them and thanks for sharing with us.

• 1 month later...

Just found your pattern and now know what I can make for small "winter gifts" - like to do that when it's cold and dreary outside. Since the University where I work has a turtle for our mascot these are perfect!!! Thank you for sharing, Deborah S-A

• 4 weeks later...

I just printed it off yesterday, then sat down and made it. It's so cute! The recipient, a 2 year old boy, was thrilled. Thanks. I also made your pig last year which was equally enthused over, you have some great ideas and are generous to share. Zaraliz

Archived