thread snowflakes CAL

karin4christ

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie, but i found this thread and had to laugh. Last November I started to chrochet thread snowflakes for my daughters many teachers. I was going to give a set of about five or six to each one (there are 4 teachers for school, dance, skating and bowling) and I only ended up doing three snowflakes in total and the teachers got Bodyshop stuff for Christmas. :blush Maybe if I start in February, I'll have enough done for next Christmas!! LOL. :lol

I'm in!!:tup

:wooThe more the merrier! Glad you're here!

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie, but i found this thread and had to laugh. Last November I started to chrochet thread snowflakes for my daughters many teachers. I was going to give a set of about five or six to each one (there are 4 teachers for school, dance, skating and bowling) and I only ended up doing three snowflakes in total and the teachers got Bodyshop stuff for Christmas. :blush Maybe if I start in February, I'll have enough done for next Christmas!! LOL. :lol

I'm in!!:tup

I finally got another snowflake done. YAY!! I found my book entitled Crystal Beauties. I have another snowflake book around here someplace. I'll post a picture as soon as I upload my pics on my website. I must confess, however, this most recent snowflake is not up to my usual crochet standards. I guess it's a true representative that none of us are perfect....and only God can make a perfect snowflake.:D

Everyone's snowflakes are beautiful. I haven't made any lately, I have been busy with birthday blankets. I made my son a starghan in blues and purples and my stepdaughter a rose afghan. I might get back to them after her birthday party. It's tomorrow.

Those look great Melissa. I haven't gotten around to mine the last 2 weeks. I keep thinking about them though lol. I'll have to dedicate a week to just snowflakes to catch up.

Melissa, your snowflakes look great!! :clap I have 3 that have been awaiting blocking for a couple weeks, but you have just inspired me to go and do them now! :D I haven't made any for a couple weeks, but hopefully will be able to get some done next week.

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but I have been busy working on some baby shower gifts that I really need to get finished. Now that I am layed off from work for a few weeks maybe I can get back to my snowflakes.

I don't know anything about blocking either. Anyone care to let us know how to do it?:think

1. Acquire some insulation board or cover a piece of corrugated cardboard with plastic wrap.

2. Acquire straight pins.

3. Acquire stiffener: that would be commercial, watered down glue, or a corn starch mixture. (I use the commercial stiffener "Stiffen Stuff")

4. Pin the snowflake to the board shaping the flake as you go.

5. Apply the stiffener to the snowflake.

6. Allow to dry.

7. Remove pins.

8. Place your snowflake in a most visible place for everyone to admire.:D

Archived