Finally Finished

Ladykats, I really like your idea of developing a scene over your ghan.

If you get Mary Maxim, you may be inspired by the Bears on my Blanket or the Noah's Ark quilt. they might give you ideas of what and how items can be arrayed over the surface.

Free patterns also has a pillow with a fence, a birdhouse and sunflowers that shows another approach.

I like what you are trying with your hooks and yarn. I can't wait to see what you choose next. Have at it girl! :cheer

Well, I got a phone call about 2 o'clock yesterday and They all loved the blanket. My brother was there and wants to know when I am going to make a blanket for him. I told him I gave a blanket to his wife about 7 years ago when My husband and I went down for parents 50th anniversary. He said he doesn't want a girly blanket like I gave his wife. Oh well, I now have another blanket to make.

Tracey

That is just too cute! I think that the cats look just fine (and I'm not a cat person) Your sis is going to love that!! Is this your own pattern? I'd like to try that for my daughter, she loves kitties!! Good job!:manyheart

Stitchy, Yes it was my own pattern. More like a crocheted as I went and didn't write any thing down. If you want to give your hand at it then go for it. The cats are done in pieces, head, body ears, feet and tail are all different pieces on most of them. then are sewn together. The whole applique is liquid stitched to the background which is 12 squares done in double crocheted rows.

Thank you for all the compliments. I was rather nervous over this one as I crocheted on a whim with the cats. Basically if it didn't look right, I ripped it out and started over.

Littlelady,

It didn't take all that long to make. I started around Thanksgiving and had it shipped to Houston, TX by the 22nd. I know what you mean by the doliey applique. I actually plan on doing something on that line later on. I love the look of string crochet, and just picked it up again. I am doing a CAL bedspread with string right now. Great fun the CAL's as this is my first one.

Archived