Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Carol - Very Pretty! You are doing a GREAT job!:yay:cheer:yay

Heather - I LOVE your around the world. It so very cheerful! Those colors work together so nicely.:yay:cheer:yay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the link, Carol...my wheel lattice is from her, too!

The square looks awesome done in one color...there are so many variations that are possible..we could be here all year!:eek

Thanks for the link Carol.... I had not saved that site. The square and colour are beautiful.

Heather that Around the World is spectacular. I love the bright colours.

I will try and read the back posts if I can today and admire everyone's work. I am rather behind at the moment.

Here is my progress ... I am almost half way but it is slow going as I am making 2 other afghans at the same time and a Baby rug.

2090168670058018460oEcRyI_th.jpg

Wow Ladys~ everyone's bedspreads are looking great. I haven't done much, trying to finish this one ghan and I have a layette that I have got to have done by March 10th and I haven't even started on it. I did pick out the pattern though and the colors, Now if I could only find my D and G hooks :rofl

Thanks everybody I really like the colors I just decided to go wild lol.

All the pictures look real good. I'm loving the look of those popcorns.

Congrats Jewel that's exciting news.

Wow Ines, your BS looks amazing. I need to step up the pace. I am really lucky though, because my MIL bought me the last of the yarn I will need for the project for my birthday. I will try to post new pics on Friday.

Good afternoon, ladies. I finally got the picture of my BS taken. (Only 2 days late.) The center panel has popcorns on both sides as the second half is the mirror image of the first half.:P

DCP_1009.jpg

Linda that has the WOW factor. The colours are just great together. Speaking of popcorns, I did a senseless exercise this morning and came up with the total of popcorns that will be in my spread when it is completed.

It will have 7,480 popcorns !!!!:eek Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback. My initial aim was to complete 3 squares each night but quite often it is several days before I pick it up as I work on my other projects.

...I've used the same 12 inch square for this lapghan I made for my good friend. There's a row of pink ruffle edging just inside the colored ruffle, but it doesn't show up too well.:hook

th_HPIM0063.jpg

th_HPIM0061.jpg

Linda

Thanks for sharing the photo - it is turning out lovely and what a lot of work. :hook It looks like it'll be nice and warm and SQUISHY --- an afghan with lots of texture . :)

Ines- woo-eee, now THAT is a lot of popcorns ! You are brave for figuring it up and STILL sticking with it ! Good for you :yes

Judi- very pretty ! I love that pink .

Linda that is amazing. The colors look great together.

Ines wow that is a lot of popcorns. I havent done that stitch before is it hard.

Good morning Wendy. I am off school today as we have a district seminar It is raining cats and dogs and I am considering parking my car at a shopping centre and walking to the Convention Centre that is about 4 blocks away. I will look like a drowned rat as it is raining heavily and does not promise to ease. Umbrellas are close to useless when it is raining this heavily.

The Popcorn stitch is not difficult but it does use up a lot of yarn as I am working a 5 dc popcorn. Here is a good tutorial for this stitch.

http://crochet.about.com/library/blpopcrn.htm

Give it a go as it is a very beautiful stitch.

Have a great day at work:)

Wow! Everyone's bedspreads are soooo pretty! I only was able to add 2 chains this week, so no pics for me - was very busy with work and that darn Secret Pals! :D

Will try to stay on top of it, trying to pop in here when I can...

~k

Archived