Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Morning ladys,

I have been working on the Blue Star CAL this week, so I won't have much to show with my BS on Friday. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Darski~ you know you can jump back in anytime you get the urge to. We do miss your wit around here.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning everybody. I'm under the weather now. :sick I've been fighting whatever the bug is that Kim had, and now my asthma is out of control as well. Feel like crap & my chest hurts, too. :headache I'm pushing fluids and taking asthma medicine and keeping my fingers crossed. :sneeze I'm hoping to get some more squares done for my quilt, then work on the BS.

Darski, welcome back. It's so good to hear from you. :waving You are missed.

Looks like I'm entering the mind-altered state yet again. I'm moving my Prairie Star over to the quilt CAL and entering a new one here.

I fell in love with Cookie Hooker's Crossroads filet square (love those spiders) so I've decided to do a modified one. Using a size 5 cotton 'thread' it makes up so fast! (I guess it could technically be called yarn.)

I went shopping with a friend last week and bought a new bedspread ensemble. Couldn't beat the CHEAP price! But I came home all happy with my terrific bargain, got onto the 'Ville and immediately thought ... "Gah! What about the bedspread CAL?" I have to say, I was feeling guilty anyway ... the PS isn't really a bedspread. Then it hit me ... we'll need a spread for the summer months. Yay! (Thanks Cookie Hooker!)

Hi all just popping in. I haven't worked on my bs yet this week but I will get one more row done before Friday's show and tell.

We are pretty chilled here and even had a little snow 2 times. It was just enough for my DD to make a snowman.

th_kaila038.jpg

I've got to brave the cold and run some errands today I've been staying home trying not to spend money :hook

YAY!!! I got my millstone removed today!!!! I talked the doctor into taking it off a couple of days earlier than he wanted! Now my wrist looks wonky and I had to wash it. Things are going to be a bit slow at first but I am prepared to start my motor again and get back in the swing of things.......:yay :yay :yay

That's great news, Melannie!!!:clap :clap

I had a cast on my wrist/hand and lower arm for 3 weeks (Nov into Dec) - it took time to get strong again...be careful...and ice it if it swells (DUH..I'm sure the doctor told you that already!)

Weelcome back to the fold!:cheer:manyheart:yay

Brae, I fogot what the Crossroads filet looks like...do you have the link?

Here's the link, Judi ...

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/celtwich/Crossroads.html

There's a yucky picture at the top of the page, but if you scroll down you can see a clearer pic of one block. It's pretty big so I'm chopping off the outer row of spiders so it'll have a more solid look to it. (A plaid look, maybe?)

Linda, hope you feel better!

Yeah Melanie! :cheer. Glad you got the cast off finally... I know I would have gone completely bonkers!

Brae, that is very pretty! And here I was thinking this crossroads was a bunch of small squares... I wonder what it would look like if you just used the centre portion of the square as a "quilt" ghan?

... no progress to report on my end. Been busy with working and such. And I started a design for a felted bag so we'll see how much I can get done in order to (hopefully) post new photos for Friday!

Have a great day y'all!

~k

Brae, they are both fantastic! I've never thought of taking thread patterns and doing them with yarn until I've seen how they look in here. Wow and double Wow!:yay:cheer:yay

Archived