Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

:welcome Pauline! I can't wait to see what you decide on.

Athba~Great job, very pretty. :cheer:clap:cheer

Mel~Kids are too honest sometimes. :yes I hope you heal quickly so you can crochet again soon. :hook:yarn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for my BS, I sure do hope that Walmart gets some of the white bernat softee in so I can get back to it. Maybe this week. :yes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Pauline

The more the better..great place for support and fun...let us know which one you decide to do and your colors as Julie said...cant wait to see what you do...and don't worry about how many you have going...im doing 3(Casablanca,Prairie star and Lacy diamonds).

Welcome, Pauline. :hug

Athba, you did a super job. It's very nice. The perfume is a great touch. Way to go gal! :cheer:clap

I saw the kidney doctor this morning. Good news. Everything is stable and I don't have to go back for another 6 months. Wheeeeeeee!!!!!!!:jumpyay:woo

Julie - Please take the Greenbrier off my list of BS.

Sorry ladies. I've reached the point where I hate it. It's getting frogged tonight. I just can't stand it.

Yay Linda :cheer:cheer

I am so happy for you..glad you don't have to go back for six months...and don't worry about the other BS...if you don't like it then don't do it...you wouldn't have been happy to just go on.

Mel

Im so sorry...but better safe then sorry...i will pray it gets better soon.

thanks ladeis for the comments

julie

my next progress are:

1) 200 crochet block afghan

2) snowflake afghan with white - red - orange

you can post them sweety to the first page :)

linda

glad to hear that i`m so happy for you

Ok...

After discussing this with Wanda (lhasaapsolady) I don't feel so bad posting this.

I got an email this morning that the yarn I ordered (the sage) is on backorder with really no reorder date in sight. That was really depressing because I really like that sage, I have never found another sage I was happy with. I have three skiens of that yarn, no where near enough yarn to complete the project.

Well, about two years ago I started making a rather large afghan for my mother who was about to visit. I never finished it because when she got here she said she didn't want it because it had "holes". I had bought at the time more than enough yarn to finish the project, but just lost interest and it became my oldest UFO.

Guess what color that was? It was that sage! I love that color so much I decided to use it for my bedspread for this CAL - that is until I tried to order more for this CAL. Are you following me so far?

Ok, so I get this news this morning ... I decided to pull out this UFO afghan, actually thinking I will just FROG it and use that yarn to make my new bedspread ... when I took it out, I had FORGOTTEN how really pretty it was and I laid it on my bed to see what it would look like.

Um, folks ... I am in LOVE with this afghan ... I want it as my bedspread.

Is that cheating? Can I just FINISH this one and call it a day?

Please?

sage-afghan2.jpg

KnicKnac~That's gorgeous. Good for you finishing it. Oh, and doesn't it bug the heck out of ya when someone says our blankets have "holes"? Geeze Louise, don't they have any taste?

How far are you from finishing? It doesn't look like you have alot more to do. :clap

Linda

Glad to hear you got good news from your Dr. That is always such a feeling of relief, walking out the doctor's office, with a good report .

And yep, I'll go in and take off the Greenbriar from your list- no big deal ! You don't have to keep doing it if you are not enjoying it .

Knic- Of course, you can use that pattern. It is beautiful ! How far done would you say you are ? Is it about halfway or what ? It is very pretty ..

I'm glad you got your Sage dilemma solved ! You now have all the color you need and a bedspread with a real good start to it . :)

Athba- I'll go in and add your 2 new afghans to the list and remove your first one since it is done .

Wow...:eek

That is pretty Knic...very pretty and i don't see a problem with you doing that one if the others don't...that is gorgeous and i would love to know what the pattern is.

The pattern came from a book my friend has, I will have to get it for you. I have the pattern written down what I had to do to finish it.

KnicKnac~That's gorgeous. Good for you finishing it. Oh, and doesn't it bug the heck out of ya when someone says our blankets have "holes"? Geeze Louise, don't they have any taste?

How far are you from finishing? It doesn't look like you have alot more to do. :clap

Oh gosh, holes! That really got to me when she said that. I searched high and low for a pattern that would be big enough yet LIGHT enough because she has had a stroke. No such luck! I only have about a foot left to finish, maybe a bit more to make it more of a bedspread than an afghan.

Thanks to both of you for making me feel better about it.

Knic- Of course, you can use that pattern. It is beautiful ! How far done would you say you are ? Is it about halfway or what ? It is very pretty .. I'm glad you got your Sage dilemma solved ! You now have all the color you need and a bedspread with a real good start to it . :)

Ah thanks thread moderator! I feel better now that you chimed in!

I am more than half way done with it, maybe about a foot or two more.

I am thinking about buying a really light mauve comforter to put under it and then I will have both my colors I want...what do you all think?

Ah thanks thread moderator! I feel better now that you chimed in!

I am more than half way done with it, maybe about a foot or two more.

I am thinking about buying a really light mauve comforter to put under it and then I will have both my colors I want...what do you all think?

:yes I say if thats what you like, then GO FOR IT. :yes :yes :D:clap

Pat Ada

Archived