Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

Thank you Cara!I am using the Floral Overlay square. The link can be found in the very first post of this thread. I am also using just a plain granny square to offset the flowers. I am pretty happy with it so far. When I get all the squares together, I am thinking about doing a few rounds around the entire spread and then doing a final round in a shell pattern.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

renee so sorry to hear about your dad.:hug

Misa, Im glad you like Julie's method. It makes it so easy. Im adding rows as I go and Im weaving in the ends as I crochet so that makes it easier too.

Melissa your coming along with yours, its going to look beautiful when its finished.

Yes they are antique clothes, just some of what you can see in my room. I really need to take the time to rearrange and get photos of all the antiques, bears, and dolls I have in there, you ladies might just think I'm nuts.

Not at all Wanda... I am just as crazy. Am considering setting up home in the yard to make room for what I collect in the house.

Here is my progress .... 20 squares and many more to make yet:eek

2280483570058018460UlZnjG_th.jpg

Not at all Wanda... I am just as crazy. Am considering setting up home in the yard to make room for what I collect in the house.

Dang forines13, that is simply stunning. Absolutely GORGEOUS! Great job!

Knicknac ... that was answered quickly ... you must be on line right now. I have seen so many photos that I have forgotten who is who.... Where is the list Julie?

Your colours ... that sage and shade of pink.... are right up my alley but I cannot get that sage colour nor that nice dusty pink. I am considering adding a pale pink to enhance mine. I tried sewing some french knots in the centre of the flowers but the shade of pink was not right. Have another idea but if it does not work I will leave it as it is.

Melissa ... looking great. I am making something with yellow now but have come to a stand point as the yellow that looked so much like buttercup is now sending out a different tune .... more bright yellow. Will let it rest for a while until I think of some way to tone it down or I may frog:eek ....even if it means frogging all those half squares. I am not a fan of yellow but I find that sometimes the right shade of yellow gives other colours a voice. At the moment this particular shade is screaming and behaving quite nastily.

Julie shuffling colours at the moment.... the one I was making and was going to show in progress is now on hold. The question now is ... to frog or not to frog.:think

Renee

I am so sorry about your Dad :hug to you.

Melissa

That is looking great and i love the spaced out flowers.

Misa

I just wanted to add my very personal thanks for the patterns you provide for us..you are amazing.

Forines

This is what i would be doing if i was doing that pattern :thair it looks great.

Heather

Love the colors..feels like spring.

Knic

I am amazed at how well your colors match..when you frist said them i was thinking..i dont think so..but i love them together and i might have to get some like that...and look you are catching up.

Linda

I really like yours to and the color shades..stunning.

Well i think we have had a great photo day and its great how much everyone has done...inspires me to keep at it for next week.

Wendy, I'm sort of using Julie's method. I have joined with sc before this time I'm joining as I go but using a slip stitch instead of the sc but I'm sc in the corners.

Ok, I have to go to dinner soon so I did what I could - here is a pic of three of the four squares I have completed joined.

I like the square, I like my edging. I think I like my colors, but I am really bad with colors so I may be dreaming.

Please tell me if it looks alright. I am mainly concerned about my edging and joining.

BTW - I am going to fill in the middle holes, with either a flower or a crochet button, but in a different color - either alternate the sage and mauve, or do a cream button, who knows right now, but it will be filled.

th_bedspread-start-02.jpg

th_bedspread-start-01.jpg

nice work

keep going

Finally got the pictures taken. Here we go. Made 3 three Preemie afgans this week, in addition to more stripes. Nothing on the Greenbrier.

DCP_0964.jpgDCP_0963.jpg

wow awsom

great job keep going

say hello to the lady in the photo:)

oh fantastic can`t wait to see it in the end :)

Phew!!! I made it in time for Photo Friday. Although I don't have th 2nd row put together I do have enough squares made to put it together. Yeah! I know, I am moving slowly on this one...... But I am still plugging away at it.

100_0606.jpg

very nice:clap

Cara

I hope you are able to use this joining method as an easier solution to your joining. i really like it and it is so fast -- let us know how it works for you.

Wendy - thanks for looking up my post about the joining -- Cam was here last night so I got WAY behind on posts !

Ines- the list of people is in post number one- along with their project name and colors . Sorry I just now saw your question !

Also, I know what you mean about shuffling colors ! I do that a lot too ~ :)

Linda- thanks for sharing the photos of your popcorn spread and of the preemie blankets . Good for you ! You are keeping busy, aren't you ?

Archived