Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Primary school here is reception to grade 7. High School is grade 8 to 12.

Very interesting Melissa to see how schools work in other countries.

I have always thought so too. So many interesting differences and so many that are the same. Junior high goes to 8th grade. And high school here starts in 9th- 12th.

One of the places I have always wanted to visit is Australia. I hope too some day in the future.

Julie, I cant believe how hard I found your instructions to follow with regards to sewing the squares together. :confused

I must need sleep badly. :yes:yawn Well it is friday morning 12.35am

I have spent the last hour trying to work out what you meant with taking the 2 squares and sewing them horizontally. You know it was like a light came on all of a sudden and it hit me what you meant... geeze Im dumb.:embar

I have since sewn 8 squares in a matter of minutes. what a fast way to sew them together. thankyou thankyou....:nworthy

Im going to bed now I obviously need lots of sleep. night all:night

Poor Wendy -

I hadnt checked the board for a couple hours and I get your message that you are totally lost on my joining method. I was gonna try to word it another way, then just read that you figured it out. Sorry I didnt explain it well enough at first. I'm glad you figured it out now. Holler if you get stuck again. I wish my digital camera had zoom, so I could show stitches up close . :(

* I also wish I took time to spell properly so I didnt have to edit every doggone post. *****

Night Wendy~

It funny growing up in Taxes we had elementery K-6th, Junior High Scholl 7-9th, then Senior High School that was 10th- 12th. Here in Northern NJ we have elementery K-5th, middle school 6-8th and High school 9th -12th

Ok Julie...so you are doing it like you would quilt squares???You keep adding 2 more squares to the sewing machine until you have them all sewn together...in quilting you would then cut them but here you leave them together...then you go back and sc them the other way...is this right?

Yea, Shay, I think that's what you do -- sorry but I'm not familiar with sewing, so I'm not real updated on how you sew fabrics-- but you put wrong sides together, then go across the entire first 2 rows, adding 2 more squares as you finish the last 2, until you have all the squares of those 2 rows together .

I'll try to get time today to put some of my 9 patch squares together and take photos-- I know they won't be up close shots, but maybe they will be close enough to see what I'm talking about . :lol

hello every one

i slept only 5 hours and went to the exam so when i returned i slept until 6 pm which means 45minutes ago

thanks for all of you for asking

julie i`m studying in the education college which means i`ll be teacher

''english teacher'' <<< don`t look at my spelling mistakes i`m diffrent in studying ;)

Hi Gang

Well, I TRIED taking pictures with my camera-- like I said it has no zoom, so I laid on the floor with my face almost touching the squares to get as close as I could. I will try to put up explanations for each photo. It may take a few posts, I don't know how many photos you can include in one post .

Here are my first 2 rows of my nine patch, laid out horizontally .

th_100_2949.jpg

Then I flap the top one down RIGHT SIDE FACING THE other one -

th_100_2950.jpg

Just continue on across ,adding your squares til the end of the row . I know they don't look super neat at this point, because they are only joined on one side --- to complete the process, you'll have to go back and do the same vertically when the horizontal part is all done .

I will post my show and tell tomorrow. I'm trying to finish up my snowflake afghan to make room for more projects to start but I did make good progress on my TAW earlier this week too.

Athba, all the best to you in becoming a teacher. I hope you did well in your exams.

Julie thanks for the explanations. I couldnt believe how long it took me to get it. Now when you do the 3rd row you just add the one square straight across.

Are they the colors for your 9 patch? If so they look great. I wish I had known this method for my 9 Patch but oh well. next time.

Are we posting any photos in here or just the bedspread photos?

Hi Wendy

Yep, for the 3rd row, just add it to the 2nd, and so on . Just be sure you are adding the right squares in the right places , but after you do a few , it'll be a piece of cake .

Yep, we can add photos in here too if you guys would like ! :)

Melannie - Don't worry about getting behind. My greenbrier BS is progressing so slowly you won't be able to tell the difference between now and then.

Good for you, Athba. I have sometimes thought that that is what I should have done. But life took me in a very different direction. We desperately need good teachers in this world. I'm sure that you'll be a good one.

Archived