Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow.... I go to work and come home to find 3 pages of postings in here.

Everyone seems to be sorting out what they want to do. I cant wait to see

some pics of everyones BS.

I went to spotlight at lunchtime and got my wool. I ended up with a dark pink color as I couldnt get anymore plum. I bought 20 balls of 100grams each. I wonder if that will be enough. Then I also bought another 8 balls for my 9 patch. You should have seen the big bag I had when I went out of the shop, a few people looked at me wondering what I was going to do with all that wool.

The pattern was done in the plum color but I will be doing it in the dark pink.

here it is

Wendy, Hope you don't mind~ it was post 480 something, but your link is here

Hi Tracey ... thank you very kindly... we must have found it at the same time.

Nice Wendy... I used to love the Magnum brand but have you found that it is a rougher texture now than what it used to be? magnum had a beautiful variegated blue a few years ago and I only have 4 skeins in my possession ... I was going to make the Blue Star with it but decided to go for the other colours in case I ran out of blue.

Shoot: I broke a nail on my right index finger. It's not past the quick, but it is making crocheting more difficult. I don't have normal finger nails, rather talons as my son says. Now with the bandage, I keep catching on the thread. I have thought of cutting them down, but I have had them for so long, I think I would be lost without them.

Tracey, I am sorry that you hurt yourself :hug

However... You might discover a whole new world if you cut your nails back...

I have a very weird :eek:faint sense of humor :wlol

I am imagining you actually touching things for the first time... ok my bad.. I'll take a time out :coo

There not thaaattt long, only about a 1/4 inch past the finger. I can still touch things.

Like I said, I ahve a weird sense of humour. I was just discussing the Guiness book of records finger nails the other day. so my little pea brain went right to that image. Sometimes i scare even me :D

Darski I was looking through a magazine at the hospital and it featured a woman who had not cut her nails for years... might be the lady who holds the record. Her nails were looooooooong that they curled around her. Horrible.:eek

Tracey sorry to hear that you hurt yourself ...ouch I hate it when I break a nail.:hug

I have seen what you are talking about. I think that some of those overly long nails are horrid. Being that I have been distroying this nail several time this past month, it is time to have them cut down at least half way. Normally I would go right away to the salon and have it fixed. But of course this happens late on a sunday night. I normally wouldn't rant about a broken nail, but 36 picots on the last round of the circle really is difficult now.

Tracey- I know how that is my 2 nails that help make picots easier broke one past the quick the other just above it and I'm waiting for them to get long enough to do them easier again. :D

I've finally gotten 24 little squares done for my Trip Around the World as soon as I get this skein done I'll get more motivated. I'm trying to see how many squares I get per 3 oz skein to try to not buy too much yarn even though I don't know how many I'll need I'm just going to work the pattern till I get it the size I want so it won't seem so daunting:D :hook

:lol :lol Darski your so funny. Yes we can have a barby. Im awake actually isnt it sleeptime over there.

Hey there Fidgement welcome to the Bedspread Bonanza. What pattern are you going to do.

I was busy watching Oprah and doing my squares at the same time.

After seeing the casablanca pattern I am seriously thinking of doing what everyone else is doing and frogging my BS chocolate dreams for the casablana pattern. I have only done 5 squares and I have just lost interest in it. Seriously I thought I would be able to keep going.

Fidge-welcome to the gang. What pattern and colors are you using ? Sorry if someone already asked you that, I got really behind on posts yesterday and am trying to get back on track this morning .

It sounds like the Casablanca has many interested people ! There are certainly a lot of pretty ones on that website . I am still partial to the woven stripes myself. That may get done one of these days . :)

Shay - gonna post this up here-- I hope you see it - here is the web page for the Casablanca- it's down towards the bottom .

http://www.happyyellowhouse.com/crochet2.html

Morning Ladies :ccompute

Boy did i get behind yesterday!!!!

Julie

How did your day go with Cam????I spent the day with my little Angel Baby Gracey...jeeze do i love that little girl :c9 and shes right at the age where shes standing with help and tring to crawl...love this age...she is just so happy and the min she sees me her face lights up and she starts squealing for me to take her...melts my heart :heart

Ausse

Did you post that pattern??I dont remember seeing it???It sounds pretty.

Fidgement

Welcome to the party...the more the marrier...

Darski

I love shrimp on the Barby...my DH thinks its nasty.

For everyone

Have a great day and get in lots of crocheting.

Im doing good...working on my 4th strip and have gotten 5 more rows done on my cathedral window done so im feeling good about how much ive done...i was going to do the new star CAL to but decided to wait till i get a few things done frist...PLUS....all this icky packing to do :thair

Good morning, Shay -

Yep, I know what you mean about those grandbabies. There is nothing better in the world, is there ? Try to treasure every moment of this age-- my gosh, they grow up so quick. I had Cam since he was a baby and know that age when they are first trying to walk is SO precious. Of course, every age he has been has been fun . I just miss the baby years, but he is growing up QUICKLY now. He will start Kindegarden in the fall .

His mom just asked me last night if I'd keep him during the summer before school so I'll have lots of time with him then.

The neighbors that live behind us always get a kick out of him when he's here - we have mostly elderly people around and behind us, so they bring out their chairs and watch when me and Cam come out. They laugh the hardest when we play Simon Says , or when Cam wants to race me across the yard .

I guess it's pretty funny to them to see a 4 yr old racing a 48 year old-

Then the neighbors around front get a show when we play hopscotch .Those of you in my age bracket will know what I mean when I say "your parts start sagging " when you reach this age. Let's just say some RUBBER BANDS might come in handy . :D

Archived