Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Athba, I am so sorry that this has happened. Are you ok? :hug:ghug

Have you considered making a Jacob's Ladder or Chain afghan?

It is fast and simple

http://www.craftingranny.com/patterns_archive.asp?ArticleSource=46

after you crochet your rows of chain and DC, you loop the chains to make an interesting effect on top.

Athba~Don't feel defeated. I tried a ripple yrs. ago & it was so off that it wasn't even funny. It took yrs. for me to try it again & I just recently finished a round ripple which is easier then the straight ripple. I still haven't brought myself to try the straight one again. Try again & good luck. Don't give up just yet. Maybe you could make him an easier afghan instead?:manyheart

It is a beautiful square... just wondering if you will have time to weave in all those ends. Well you should be able to work them in as you go since it is a very close pattern

I can't wait to see your colours.

The ripple afghan I'm doing is called Serene Ripples from Leisure Arts Presents Afghans on the double. It's worked using a size N hook and two strands of ww yarn. The ripples are only 4 double crochet long on a side so it's not as pronounced as some ripples.

Athba - I'm sorry your ripple isn't working for you. :hug The square you showed is very pretty.

Well, sadly I'm not finding the elusive pattern book that Shaylen is using at my local stores, :no drat! I'd mail order, but I hate to do so for just one item so I'm going to have to expand my search.

I really shouldn't visit these forums...but I guess it keeps me busy (rationalizing here!)

I felt the need of rescuing this thread...it was getting wayyyyyy dowwwwwn there. :wlol

I think tomorrow is going to be a bedspread day in the neighbourhood. I want to finish that pound of yarn and see where I am with it all. it is actually quite soothing while chatting with the sewing circle...but I will be on my own tomorrow. the better to hook you by :llama :llama :ducky

we are without any wolf smilies...how is that possible? doesn't everyone have wolf smilies?

Julie-My DH's PaPa's favorite color is royal blue, but I think I have some extra midnight and baby blue that I might use together. I have to raid my stash again and see what I have left over. I also totally understand what you mean about other people getting more upset about you ripping something out. I went with a tighter pattern on my square and in doing so I had to rip apart the original one. My DH couldn't tell the difference and thought I was crazy for doing it, but I could tell and my neighbor who crochets could tell also.

Athba-I really like the square you chose and I can't wait to see what it looks like with the colors you choose.

I have actually been bad and have not picked up my BS in two days. I have been muddling through a bath mitt pattern that made me want to pull my hair out, but alas I finally finished it and I plan to make some more as Christmas gifts for next year. I think I will get back to my BS tomorrow. You can see the bath mitt at my website below.

It looks like everyone is doing great and keep up the good work. Reading this keeps me motivated.

Hi Ho Ladies

I see this has been a hopping busy place again since last night. Hope you all get lots of crocheting in today. I will have Cam today, so my main goal today is Matchbox Cars and which one goes the fastest ! :lol

Will stop in later on sometime . :)

thanks for all of you

i`m gonna work hard this week although i have final exams but i should finish the present

my colours are:

light blue

white

and the shaded blue that i showed in the pic. several pages ago

i really love it it`s more beautiful in the real than the pictures

i`ll post picture of my work in this day at night before going to sleep

but till then i should work and study in the same time

I haven't worked on my BS in a couple of days, either.:(

BUT, I have been crocheting (I do it every day, of course - like the other addicts here:lol ). I'm trying to finish a scarf for a friend. It's been :2frog:2frog (frogged twice...get it:devil? )...anyway, now I'm making up my own pattern and I like it a lot better.

BTW....how did the term "frogged" come to mean ripping out your work?:think

We are a bunch of early risers here I've always been that way (DH used to leave for work at 5 AM, if not in the middle of the night...in my case my :dog :dog insist on an early run in the yard, then breakfast, so no :sleep allowed.

I WILL crochet another square today...I WILL crochet another square today:spin

Winter's back here in NJ :yay ...now I just have to wake up...:morcoffee

Archived