Bedspread Bonanza

JulieKay

I know what you mean Darski...it drops down fast....and thanks you again :blush

I know what you mean about changing your mind,i will go out and buy yarn for a project and end up using it on some other project.The way i look at it is if your not happy with what you are doing then pick another or work on 2 things.

Shhhh...dont tell but im testing Julies Dimond afghan allso...shhhh...our secret.

Have i mentioned that i HATE packing to move...:thair:bang:rant ...oh well done for the night and now i can sit and crochet for awhile.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I

I know what you mean about changing your mind,i will go out and buy yarn for a project and end up using it on some other project.The way i look at it is if your not happy with what you are doing then pick another or work on 2 things.

I do that too. LOL! I buy it for one project, and change my mind after I get home with it.

Have i mentioned that i HATE packing to move...:thair:bang:rant ...oh well done for the night and now i can sit and crochet for awhile.

It is no fun moving. We just moved into our house last March. I still have stuff sittin in boxes waiting to be put up.

It sounds like we are all guilty of buying yarn for a project... maybe even starting it, then not liking it or changing our mind for some reason . I guess it's ok as long as we think of another idea and use the yarn for something. It's not like we are hurting anyone by it, I don't guess . :lol

Keeps us busy and out of trouble .:D

It sounds like we are all guilty of buying yarn for a project... maybe even starting it, then not liking it or changing our mind for some reason . I guess it's ok as long as we think of another idea and use the yarn for something. It's not like we are hurting anyone by it, I don't guess . :lol

Keeps us busy and out of trouble .:D

Well i dont no about that...i think i have my DH thinking his eyesight is going out..."Sweety werent you working on a red one this morning??No dear your eyes are just getting bad in your old age...it was this blue one" :rofl Poor old dear.

Shaylen, you are so bad :rofl Whatever gets you through the yarn ball eh?

Julie, I know and now is the time I have to decide. I guess I will continue with this and just hope that what I have covers the front - visible - part of the bed in case I have to buy more.

... Like I am going to believe no dye lots anymore ...:eek

So Wendy, are you feeling frisky there, lots go talk about and discuss tonight?...

I took it with me the other night and worked on it some more. That is how I know that it will need more yarn :sigh

I have 18 rows done but I am getting to the point where I will have to add more stitches. It will be fine and it will be warm which is a good thing.

I'm with you all on the altering mind thing too. (I was this bad trying to decide what to do for the Knitting Olympics last February.) After seeing Shaylen's bedspread I decided I had to do something in strips like that too! Oh, I just loved it so much! Found a book at my not-so-L-YS today called Mile-a-Minute Doilies. Not quite the same but it might work. We'll see.

Darski, I think I've seen the Terry Kimbrough book at Michaels, though probably not recently. At least we know it IS (was?) available in Canada!

Brae

Shay

My husband has done that before too, although he rarely comments anymore on what I'm making. I think it keeps his head spinning. He used to ask what are you making ? When he left for work in the morning. By that night, I had changed my mind and started something new, then he'd ask What happened to the thing you were making this morning ?

Or my DIL gets so upset when she comes over and I have just taken something apart to try a new pattern. She always thinks it's such a waste of my time.

It upsets her a lot more than me !

Can you get more of the same yarn.

I believe I can. it is just beige/creamy Phentex. However I am concerned about the No Dye Lot challenge. As long as the newer yarn part ends up in the back of the bed - against the wall- it will be fine

Thats the thing isnt it. Its supposed to match as it says no dye lot but it doesnt always work out that way. I have 20 balls of yarn for mine and have to get 10 more. Spotlight have to order more in for me and although the dyelot number will be different they say the color will be the same. We will see when it gets here I guess.

Its hard to know how much yarn we will need and not sure how much to buy.

Years ago we used to have some shops that had what you call a woolbank.

What they did was put a heap of the wool you want away and you could come each week and buy some of it. It was like a layby(I think you call it different over there) but you didnt have to pay a deposit. Thats long gone and now you have to just guess and hope you have bought enough.

hmmm Im ranting... Tabbys habits must be rubbing off on to me.:D

wait ladeis am i missing something this morning?

julie?? you`ve changed your mind??

don`t say yes pleaaaaaaaaase

about the pattern

i dont find difficulty in reading your language i just don`t understand why it`s not getting right

i love the pattern

i will try one more last time if it didn`t work i`ll hurry up with easy diffrent pattern to finish it

i have finale exams this and next week then after them i`ll have only 5 days before his birthday

shaylen you changed your mind to??? dont say yes

whats going on with you ladeis??

i think someday we should all choose one pattern working on it together with deffrent colours so there is no chance for those who changes their minds alot <<< look who`s talking hehehe

Athba

Im not changing my mind :no ...we were just joking around about how we do....ive allready changed it 3 times before this one im doing....im not starting over now...i love this one...i do have a few others im working on at the same time but this is the main one...no fears.

Tabby

You go lady...cant wait to see more.

Julie

I know what you mean about them geting more upset when we rip out then we do...my DH will set there rolling his eyes and shaking his head...i find it quite amusing.

Morning everyone.

We're going to have a lot of different patterns here by looks of it. I'm switching back and forth on my projects, work on a couple different things in a day. I did manage to get another square and a half square done at the auction last night.

Good morning to all you fine ladies -

Nope, Athba- I havent changed my mind about the BS pattern. I'm still chugging away at it and have almost the 2nd row of diamonds done now. It's very slow going since it's mostly sc, but it's very easy and I like how it's turning out .

Thanks for the compliments, Tabby - but you know how it is, if you are making something that you just dont like, whether its the pattern or the color, your heart just isn't in finishing it .

And yep, I think crocheting is a stress reliever-- it keeps your hands busy anyhow .

Morning everyone. Wow, has this site been busy! 4 pages to read just to catch up. Thanks for all the compliments. I definately agree that crocheting is a stress reliever. It also helps me concentrate on what a speaker is saying. My mind is much more apt to go off on a tangent if my hands aren't busy, than if they are. Having to pay just a tiny bit of attention to what I am doing with my hands, really helps me to focus on what someone else is saying.

I think it's really neat that we are all making something of our own choosing. Our individuallity really shines through, and I get to see a lot of patterns that I would never have found on my own. Keep up the good work all.:manyheart I'll try to accomplish some things on my to-do list for a while. Bye for now.

question ladeis

can i use 2yarns together with big hook??

i want to use julies pattern of the ripple afghan and i thought of doubling the size with doubling the yarn and size of hook

i think it will be warmer

and working with thw back loop will give it nice looking :)

what do you think ladeis??

Archived