In love with Clover Soft Touch hooks

cgd

I purchased a set of Clover Soft Touch hooks a couple of months back, but didn't use them for awhile because I was busy knitting Christmas presents. This past weekend, I was crocheting the Heads Up hat from 24-hour Crochet Projects, and it called for worsted weight yarn with a F hook. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft, which I love but tends to split. I was using a Boye F hook, and the splitting was driving me nuts, causing expletives to come out of my mouth every few stitches.

So I decided to break out the Soft Touch hooks and start over. What a difference! My crocheting glided along at a fast clip. I even went down to an E hook to get gauge, but had no problem. They're also a bit easier on the wrists. They weren't cheap, but they're worth the money.

Just wanted to pass this along to my fellow hookers!

The clover hooks are my favorite hooks too:cheer .\ I've been using them for a couple of years now. I've even converten a few of my crochet buddies. :D

Hobby Lobby has them and so does Michaels. I did not buy a whole set at first. I only bought them when they were on sale. That way they did not cost me so much. :)

I don't have the whole set ; but I love, :manyheart :manyheart them too.

Took me some getting use to ; cause I hold my crohet hook like a pencil.

These hooks make the work go faster I think?:yespinkroses

i have two of them, a D and an E... and i LOVE them!!! amazon.com has a set with case for $36 and i might order them after the holidays.

i used the E hook on caron simply soft as well and it was a dream b/c as you said, there's no splitting and the hook effortlessly goes around the posts of my DCs (the hat i'm making calls for several rows of dcfp/dcbp in an e-hook... check out my blog for the pattern). and the one thing i like the most.... no hand fatigue!!! gotta love that!

i have bad knuckles from years and years of crochet and knitting and they're so much easier on my hands b/c the handle is the same size an an n-hook. i just don't like how short the hook part was. if it was a bit longer i'd be happier!

I've never heard of them.

What makes them so special? Is it just the handle?

I probably need one, huh?

yup... it's the handle... they're fine gauge yarn hooks that have the wide handles of large gauge hooks. it makes crocheting with fingering yarn and small hooks much much more comfortable. and they're also sturdy

i have an aluminum d hook that bends and twists when i use it and my knuckles groan when i use them :ohdear

they're like $6 a hook when bought individually but you can get them in sets that cost a lot less.

if you like using small hooks and your knuckles don't, then these are worth the expense!

They are very nice hooks. I usually use them on huge projects like afghans. They really glide over the yarn with ease. They also don't make my hand as tired as the other kind can.

:manyheart

that is really inexpensive....I bought some for an RAOK last summer and they were $6.00 ea.

I never heard of the clover soft touch hooks. I only have been crocheting for a few months. I am so glad I belong to this message board. Something new is learned every day. I asked Santa for a gift certificate for Michaels. After Christmas I will buy one and see how it works. Thanks for the information. :)

I have a full set now C-J. I picked them up one at a time at Michael's with discount coupons and Hobby Lobby when the all the hooks and gadgets stuff was 50% off.

I like the smaller ones when making socks they don't snag the fibers. I like using the F when making amigurumi.

Archived