Granny square shawl

Gretchen

OK, I'm calling this a shawl but it could also be a skinny throw - it's entirely made from 3 inch square granny squares, and it's 6 squares by 21 squares - yeah, that's too much math for me. lol I found the granny square pattern in the 101 Granny Squares book (don't remember the actual title), and just started making squares in lime green baby-weight yarn. The putting-them-all-together and making-fringe parts were not so fun, but it's a pretty easy project. Hope you like!

IMG_0824.jpgIMG_0828.jpg

THanks everyone! I will NOT likely be making another one of these, joining all these squares made me just about insane, and I still haven't woven in all the ends. It sits on the back of my chair at work because there's a bit of a draft that comes in from the door in front of me. It's PERFECT for my legs! I'm glad you all like my labor of love!:)

That really turned out beautiful. I love the look of anything made with motifs or granny squares but the time it takes to weave in all those ends is enough for a whole other project! I'm like you in that respect! :lol

Archived