Doily for my patient

Wendy79

I made this doily for a patient I see in her home (I'm a nursing student). She's an elderly Filipina lady, and she always sends me home with something: cookies, a holy card, etc, so I wanted to bring her something too. It's just about 5 inches across.

There's an obvious irregularity; I think there's something wrong in the pattern, because I see it in the picture accompanying the published pattern, too (it's the cream doily), so I don't recommend this pattern--I think she'll like it, though.

doily2.gif

It's beautiful! I love the pink variegated thread. I'm sure she will love it; and the thought behind it. :manyheart

I had some clients (I cleaned houses) that were an elderly couple; Italian. And every time I was done cleaning they would practically force me to stay and eat lunch with them. She would make spaghetti most times. But it was SOOO good! (I only cleaned there once every two weeks.) The first time I was practically petrified to have to stay and eat lunch with them, but after a while I realized they were just trying to say thank you for my help. They were just the sweetest people.

Tina

Archived