My latest project!!

Tracey4610

Here's a felted purse I designed on the fly last night while I was at bible study. I finished it up this morning and felted it, then wove some ribbon through it for decoration and handles. It's my first real felting project, and I want to make another for myself!! (This one's a Christmas gift!)

Crochet4001.jpgCrochet4002.jpg

Can't decide if I want to line it, though. I'm working on the pattern, so if anyone's interested, post here and I'll include it in the original patterns forum.

Yep, they're popcorns, ranging from dc to hdc, then up to sc at the top...I have to finish writing the pattern though so I can post it on my blog. I wanted it to look like felted cables, but I also like the way it felted. I hope to find more wool in thrift stores soon...I think I have enough for a couple more bags, but I'd like more colors besides greens and a yellow.

Tracey,

Your green and pink felted purse is just TOOOOO cute!! I love it! I noticed that your profile says you are from the Great Lakes area. Would it be Ohio? I live in Ohio and used to live in Ashtabula, 50 miles northeast of Cleveland. I too, design crochet at Bible study. It's hard not to sometimes. Since we have Bible study here at my house on Wed. evenings, people don't mind if I work on my projects though. I sit in the back. They know I'm on a deadline with my book and they don't mind:) I only work on simple things though at Bible study, so I can pay attention. You know how it is!

Mary Jane

And how you said you designed it "on the fly".:clap :clap That's how some of my favorite pieces come about.

I like ths shape too. It's very cool.

Denise

Archived