reversable hat

lynie

Here is a hat I made for my son basically using this pattern. http://http://www.angelscrochet.com/patterns/mountainpf.pdf

What I basically did was make 2 of them up to the point of the edge. Then put them wrong sides together and stitched sc around the edge and then did a reverse sc for the last edge. I wasn't sure how it would come out (it worked perfect in my mind) so I gave it a try.

It came out really nice. Warm as can be, holds it shape great and he hasn't taken it off his head in 2 days! :clap

I am going to make several more of these. It really is a nice quality hat.

Thanks for looking. ps can someone share how to make images clickable. I feel so BIG all the time! :o)

travshatgrey.jpgtravshatblue.jpg

I am not sure about the size really. I used just plain ole red heart ww and a J hook. He is 10, but he is little for his age. The hat is worn a little more "on top" of his head, he has it sorta back a bit in the picture. It falls a bit above his eyebrows. And it has a lot of streatch in it so he won't outgrow it for a while. I think it would be really easy to adjust the # of rows to fit any head.

It works up really quickly also. Which I love. I need that instant gratification. :hook

What a great hat, and such a cute model!! I may have to make this for my son ... he's always asking me to make him stuff, since I make lots of stuff for his sisters

Great looking hat!!

I tried to click on the link but get "page not found". :think I did a google search and came up with angelscrochet.com which worked. :) There's a mountain hat pattern on that site. Is it the same hat pattern? It doesn't look reversible...

Cheryl.

Lynie: I must be suffering from fuzzy chemo brain today. :angry

Of course you mentioned in your first post how you worked two hats together to make one... :blush

When I clicked on the link, I finally noticed that the browser placed two Http:'s in the URL. Once I removed one of them, the pattern appeared.

Thanks again for showing us your beautifully made hat!!

Cheryl. :hook

Archived