Jessica's Summer Top

Shell

I made this a month or two ago for my babe. The lighting is bad and makes it impossible to see the detail properly. It's crochet in Panda Regal 4ply cotton in a buttery yellow, there is cream ribbon running through the bottom between the body and the edging. I used a 4.5mm hook and there is no pattern as I came up with it myself. My cousins daughter has one very similar too that she is yet to model, and so does Jessi's Dora the Explorer doll!! The back is open due to her easy over heating in summer and how that affects her eczema. You can't see it in the photo but there are 3 loops on either side of the body and the ribbon is weaved through before tying, then the cross over straps buttoned.

JessicasTop.jpgJessisTopBackView.jpg

Oh your top and your model are both beautiful, if you ever post the pattern I would so love to make that top for my little one for next year b/c it is getting cold here.

Thanks for all your lovely encouraging words :ghug The reason I haven't written the pattern as I measure everything to Jessi. I wouldn't know how to explain it well enough if I had to write sizes. Mind, it is very simple and.. Oh I don't know. Will see what happens... IF I did write the pattern, you'd really have to figure out size etc on your own. That would be a bit of a problem for some I am sure. Same as tension, it's irrelevant as you work to the size you need... can you see why I am reluctant..

Shell,

That is the most beautiful child's top I have seen.

If you write the pattern, just give us the age of your daughter and the hook size you used and the yarn wt and we can adjust up or down...We would love it.....Your daughter looks so good in that top, she is very pretty....:cheer

I don't know if the stitch has a name. I found a pattern for a ladies garment and stole the stitch repeat :D

Archived