Teachers' hat parade

forines13

I made this last night.... finished in time to go to work! Our school is holding a teachers' hat parade to celebrate Teachers' Day. The criteria for this was that it had to represent you. As I teach English and Italian I went for "a bee in my bonnet" (I definitely have bees in my bonnet at times) and a bowl of spaghetti ( cannot stand that dish but easy to crochet!). I am quite pleased with it as I began the hat without a definite idea where I was heading but eventually it came together.

I am running late so enjoy.

2197270830058018460thOIur_th.jpg

That is a fabulous hat!! Great job. I checked out the other pictures in your album and I LOVE wannabear ..where did you find the pattern if you don't mind my asking?

That's adorable and so imaginative! :applause You do have a lot of beautiful and unique items in your album. I love the cat stretching up over the fishbowl. The shaping of the legs is excellent.

I also enjoyed peaking in your other albums. Loved those beautiful snowflake Christmas cards. Just gorgeous, and what an exquisite keepsake.

My hat was a great success. It was voted the best and the most original by the students. I teach at an all girls school and many of my Senior girls now want a crochet hat. My senior Italian class students left a note with requests for me to make each of them one as a graduation present. They would like plain caps so I might think about making them as their gift from me. They graduate in 4 weeks time and I have to admit I have "a soft spot" for this particular class.

I have also been informed that I will be considered if the school needs a replacement HOme Science teacher.......nooooooo ....that would be my worst nightmare! I recently had to supervise one of those classes and died a thousand deaths when I saw some of the practices in the class....I think I counted 6 broken sewing machine needle in that session! They would not enjoy having me as a teacher as I have very particular expectations when it comes to sewing. Firstly, I would require them to respect the sewing machine and dressmaking scissors. I sat unpicking a seam that was sewn by one of the girls who forgot to change the stitch length as she was ready to cut it off rather than unpick it. The word "patience" is not in their vocabulary.

The girls surprised us by presenting a beautifully wrapped coffee mug filled with chocolates and a moving thank you card to every teacher on staff as their way of acknowledging International Teachers' Day.

Lisa the wannabear in my album is a no pattern creation. It was something I made and did not write the instructions so if I want to make another one I will have to "read" the bear.

Thanks to all who responded.... I had fun creating this.

Archived