Drops Design Slipper

Sue89

I hadn't crocheted anything since the Easter season, but with the cool front that came through here I was inspired to do something with my scrap yarns. This is my first attempt at the Drops Design slipper shown here at garnstudio.com.

BrownDROPSSlipper.jpg

I left off the pompon, and since I didn't have the yarns they call for, it looks a little different. I was using brown Red Heart SS and trimmed it with Bernat Disco. If I hadn't run out of yarn I would've liked to have made the cuff an inch higher, but they're warm and comfy.

I really like that slipper a lot. I hadn't seen that Garn Studio pattern but it's darling. Nice job on the pretty cuff edging too.:)

That is the most adorable slipper I've seen in a long time ... you did a great job .. I love the disco edging! .. I've printed off the pattern .. its going on my christmas gift list!

Thanks, everyone! :ty

The pattern was pretty simple to follow. It helps when a pattern tells you how many cms to stitch rather than just how many rows or rounds. The only catch was that before I printed it up I had to change all the dc's to sc's (it's given in British terms). It calls for a yarn called Puddel for the trim, which I wasn't familiar with. It looks like it's a curly, wooly yarn. All I had was Disco left over from that free giveaway. If I had it to do over, I'd possibly leave off the second round of the edging, and I'd turn at the end of each round to keep the seam from going to one side. It would probably look cute in red with a white fur trim for Christmas.

That site has some really nice patterns. There's a similar knitted version here that calls for felting afterward, for those who can knit and felt. And there's another crocheted version here (also in British terms) that leaves off the cuff and pompon and adds a flower. :interest

yours looks wonderful! definately better than the original!

i actually tried to make these but had a hard time with the british terms. i think i'll go back and re-try it.

i wonder if they would work up well with homespun? i would rather have something nice and cozy on my feet like homespun than red heart. it would probably through the gauge off though...

Great looking slipper. :cheer I am going to try to do this pattern in the Eskimo yarn. It's a super bulky yarn so it should take less rounds.

I love all of Garnstudio patterns but I wish they were easier to follow. I don't quite understand the British terms (e.g., cms).

Thanks again, y'all! :)

Sidnee, the Eskimo yarn will probably look a lot better. With the Red Heart the stitches were smaller, but my feet are a size 6 so I was fortunate. I used the directions for the larger size and kept trying it on as I went. With Eskimo you'll hopefully be able to just follow the directions exactly. They'll probably look more like true slippers and less like slipper socks.

Donnalynn, I'll bet Homespun would work well also. It's written for a thicker yarn.

Just remember to change the DCs to SCs and be prepared to measure in centimeters instead of inches or do the conversions.

Archived