Baby, It's Cold Outside CAL - Larger Sizes TOO!!!

KnicKnac

I LOVE the light aqua green one with the fur!! :faint I think that one is my favorite one yet. Nice Job on all the sweaters, though. The sock monkey one is cute, too. Is that one for a boy? (It would look just as good on a girl, either way...)

Tina

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sock monkey one is cute, too. Is that one for a boy? (It would look just as good on a girl, either way...)

Tina

No, it's for a girl whose Mama is obsessed with sock monkeys. It's hard to tell in the pic but it has a nice girly edging on it ;)

~Susan

Busy Mama to:

Hannah :princess (9), Logan :2frog (8), Lance :dance (6), Hayden :teddy(4)

and the TWINkies Mason and Morgan (19 months):ducky:ducky

I should make another one for ah um, weeeell... technically it's my niece; I guess! It's my stepsisters' baby girl. I *heard* a while back she was pregnant (my dad got married the same summer I did, to tell you why I hardly know anything about it...) I just heard from my Grandma that she did have a girl. I think her name is Olivia.... I'm thinking I might make one with the fur on the bottom like Susans! :yes (If you don't mind?) I just love that. Susan did you happen to mention what kind of yarn it was for that one? I'll go look right now...

Tina

I love everyone's sweaters!

I'd like to try my hand at one of these and have a few questions, never having made a wearable besides scarves and ponchos:

Does worsted weight work? I bought some Red Heart Soft today that I'd like to use for my friend's new baby. What size hook do you think would work for a newborn with worsted weight yarn?

Thanks! :)

Here's a pic of mine I still need to put the buttons on.

th_crochet013.jpg

Since it's my first one I can't really say how to make it a 0-3 mo I'm trying that size next but this one is premie size and not too much smaller than a 0-3 onesie I compared it to and I did it in Bernat sport DK with a size g hook

It looks great! Did you just use the one strand of yarn then? I want to just use one strand, too, but I don't know if that will work since it calls for chunky yarn.

Aelita- Well I hope I don't confuse you more. But... KnicKnac made a newborn one with two strands of baby yarn and a J hook. I made one, too. But I can't find what I did what size hook Iused... I think I used the size hook called for, and two strands, but it was like a fingering weight yarn, I think... And it came out newborn size. There is a chart that Lilybean (aka Kristen) posted. To help you know what size finished measurements should be. Hope that helps. I know it gets confusing especially if you don't have the baby there to measure... :)

Does anyone know how I can make this for a newborn to 3 mos?

Heather~ way to go! It looks great! :cheer

[i'm thinking I might make one with the fur on the bottom like Susans! :yes (If you don't mind?) I just love that. Susan did you happen to mention what kind of yarn it was for that one? I'll go look right now...

No Tina, I don't think I did. I used the Softee Chunkee for the main sweater, simply soft in white for the trim and a mink in white for the fur on the bottom.

~Susan

Busy Mama to:

Hannah :princess (9), Logan :2frog (8), Lance :dance (6), Hayden :teddy(4)

and the TWINkies Mason and Morgan (19 months):ducky:ducky

Okay, I fixed up my daughter's size 4ish one - I just added some rows of hdc around the collar area - looks very mod and stylish now.

I'll add a picture tomorrow.

If you are making this for an older kid, DEFINITELY measure their neck first so you don't make the opening too large.

Does worsted weight work? I bought some Red Heart Soft today that I'd like to use for my friend's new baby. What size hook do you think would work for a newborn with worsted weight yarn?

The best I can tell you is to experiment. Do a swatch with the yarn you have and see how big your stitches are. The compare them to the chart that has been posted and see if your ok.

If your not sure how to do that, just post back!

kiirs- yes I only used one strand. Since it was my first one I just wanted to see how it worked up before using bulky yarn or 2 strands. haha. But it seems to be thick enough with the one strand of sport d.k. I'm going to experiment with different yarns and hooks to see since I can never get the right gauge on anything hahaa.

What I would do for this is to use a smaller hook and maybe a baby/sport weight yarn (possibly in a single strand) and see how it works up for size. You will be able to tell within three rows of the pattern if it is the right size or near where you want it to be.

I wrote out the pattern for another villager (here on my blog) who needed help figuring it out. She was using sportweight yarn and gave me her gauge and I did the calculations for her and posted them. I believe she told me it worked out.... you could try this as a starting point..

I have been REALLY remiss about updating the first post with the most recent BICO information. And there have been TON of posts since the last time I updated.

Would there be a chance that you could go here:

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=502918&postcount=1

See if your listed under the "finished products" for every BICO that you have finished and if not, please PM me with your information and I will update the list.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the help!

Archived