Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:eek :eek WOW! That's a lot. It would be really pretty though. I think I will stick with a small throw size.

So for it to hang over i would need 1,020 and for it to just lay on top i would need 657 ..... hmmmmmm...... what to do :lol

ok i have made a few yoyo's about 50 i think....and i no that i will not get around to making more :no i have to much on my plate at the moment :sigh soooo here is the good news :yay

who wants my yoyo's? first in best dressed !!!!

Clare- I sent you a pm. Don't know if I'm the first or not, but hey.

And here is my vase now after my yo-yo day last week. I'm going to do more possibly today, but definitely Wednesday. I want to make a couple RAOK items today, and also work on the apron I'm making my will be-4 in a week year old :lol I bought her a tea party food prep toy set, and I think an apron is just the thing she needs to go with it! Anyway, I'll let ya'll know a new total if there is one!

th_2007008.jpg

I think I'm gonna use mason jars next to hold my yo-yo's.

OK, well today is my actual yo-yo day. I'm wanting to get around 50 done, with the kids sick, and me not feeling fully up to snuff, I'm not going to over do it. But I do think that 50 while the baby sleeps is do able. Good news is, my oldest is FINALLY ever free (she's been laying down since SUnday), so maybe today will be a great day!

I love this pattern!! I wish I could join this CAL, but I've already got alot on my plate.....and all my scraps are designated to other projects right now:(

Maybe when I'm done with these projects I will start making yo-yos and when I gather enough will work on this afghan.

Well Tam, hope you join us when you've cleaned your plate up a little bit! :lol

Today, has been a YO-YO day for sure. I'm not done yet, and I have already made 124 yo-yos!!!!!! :cheer which means as of right now, my YYTD= 454

And I've decided to go a little larger, and will need 600, instead of 540, but still, only 146 left to make!!!!

The kicker for today is that I usually weave as I go, but my needle is missing, and my sis is bringing me one when she gets off work, so this evening I'll be weaving my hands off, but I want hammer out as many little buggers as I can before that, and really make this a very productive yo-yo day!!

Plus, I did 3 more rnds on the round ripple I'm working on, so :hook

Feels great, after barely crocheting this week with the kids sick, feels good getting some great time in! I'll post pics later. You should see this mason jar. It;s a 1 quart jar I think, and ALL my yo-yo's from today are CRAMMED in there. Can't believe how many it's holding.

Well, off to get my 2nd jar, and work up some more yo-yo's. OOOOO, I can't wait to start joining these little guys!!!

Ok, is it me,..... ir is the link in the first post different from when we started?? I just checked it out to look at the joining, and this one is different from any other one I've seen.... neone know what the old link was?? I think it was through an AOL thing or something, had the net stitch joingin or whatever, but then looking at the new one, I LOVE the joining, so maybe I'll just do that, lol!

p.s the new link looks like it may take LESS yo-yo's to get good width and length!!!

wow, this changes everything. When I saw the link on the first post earlier, it changed everything. I'm DONE with all my yo-yo's. I only need the 460 I now have made. At 23 yo-yo's my length is 62", and then I'm doing it 20 wide, so that will be plenty big enough for my 8 yr old neice. And that's without the edging added at the very end :smile this makes me happy, I'm gonna post a pic later, I'm hoping to get 2 or 3 rows joined and done tonight. We'll see.

Oh wow Ada that is awesome. I have put a hold on my yoyos for now. I'm working on joining the squares for my comfortghan and I have been working like a mad woman on my quiltghan. I think I will need to make one day a week a yoyo day though. I can't wait to see pictures of your yoyos attached.

Here are this evenings pictures of my yo-yo

This one is the length, the ghan is on a full size bed. This is 23 yo-yo's long

th_yoyolngth.jpg

This is a closer veiw of the joining. I think it will look nice when it's all done. Oh, and this 2x2 block, is 5". 2 rows=5", not bad :hook

th_yoyoclose.jpg

THanks for looking!

oh, i ended up using 18 different colors for this :cheer

Ada as far as I know the link hasn't changed? but eh the heck do I know i've been a wreck this last month ... Busier then heck and worried about those two comfort ghans that have been made no longer my worry.. but the link you mentioned I beleve is still the same one I posted orrigionaly!

tami, I think I just saw the name of the CAL and then used the link I already had , then lost it somehow, and looked at the first post again tonight, and was like "well that's different than what I thought" :rofl

Problem is, I "helped" do the math for how to figure out how many yo-yo's it takes to make a ghan, and well, my math is WAY off, being based in priscilla's pattern, since Chris's is much more open, soooo opps, sooo sry.... that;s what I get for assuming. But then, I"m glad I realized it NOW instead of 140 yo-yo's from now, :lol

And woot, the 2 patterns is a 140 yo-yo difference to get the size, and actually at this I'm gonna end up with it BIGGER than the other way with 600 yo-yo's so WOOT WOOT!!!

And thanks for the compliments, they give me warm fuzzies!!! :ghug

Hi all!

Theres been some really neat pictures posted. Y'all are doing really well. :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

I read someones post on here, but I can't remember who, about the joining method. I am using Chris Simons method because its continuous and there are less ends to deal with.

I'm still way behind y'all but still checking in.

Cheers :hook

Here is what I have done today, I actually added another row after this so I have 4 total rows. It is 12 wide and I'm going to go about 18 long, then do the edging around, then add a boarder of yo-yo's so it will be a good size throw. I love this pattern, it's neat to work on something a little different than usual.

Pineapplescarf00025.jpg

Sarah- I love the colors your using and that ur not using the typical white or black to join :)

Heres a few pics of mine ... as you can see my random isn't quite as random as i wanted it to be :lol

january060.jpg

january061.jpg

january062.jpg

Mine is 20 wide ... I'm not sure how many rows long I'm going to do but its 50 Inches wide

Archived