Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok weaving in ends..... how many are getting rid of ends as they go? or are you leaving them all until the end? Are we supposed to leave the tails?? I made like 15 more today, and all the ends are gone, :lol I can't imagine weaving in 700 ends at the completion of this thing. Just seeing what ya'll are doin.....

like with everything else i crochet i weave in the ends as i go just force of habbit something my grandmother tought me i just find it annoying to have to go back then the back of the afghan looks horible i think it looks better as you go personaly...

I've been weaving the ends in as I go. I get impatient towards the end of projects and I would be so annoyed at those ends.

I'm hoping that Santa brings me a new digital camera this Christmas. If he does, I'll post pictures of the yo-yos I've made so far. You guys are really coming along and it looks great.

stephanie your yo yo's look great!! happy for you that you were blessed with a Digital Camera for Christmas!

I want to make 20-30 yo-yo's today, unless I start one of the patterns from the magazines I got today. :hook

i'm expecting a gift this year, b/c i handed my husband the money budgeted for my gift and sent him to the store, :lol

stephanie your yo yo's look great!! happy for you that you were blessed with a Digital Camera for Christmas!

I want to make 20-30 yo-yo's today, unless I start one of the patterns from the magazines I got today. :hook

Thank you! I've only been working on my yo-yos at work. I'm a customer service rep in a call center and I can do this in between calls b/c it's not too involved. I promised my husband that I would only work on his afghan at home. I've put his afghan off long enough. So, I won't be doing any yo-yos today. I'll work on them some more tomorrow at work.

Good luck with your goal of 20-30 yo-yos! :cheer

well i was watching a movie with the kids, and I did in fact make 35 yo-yo's during the movie, so that is exciting, I'll post pics tomorrow sometime. And it isnn't yo-yo's but I started a doily for my mom's 50th birthday, and I made a scarf from the happy hooker book for my daughter.

woot, i was productive today, and cheerful, which is always good! hope everyone had a great day!

I've been working on a yo-yo afghan since last year...but I kinda forgot about it until I realized I had a ton of leftover wool.:blush

Anyways...I'd like to join in on the crochet along.:cheer

I have some questions though:

Years ago I remember seeing an afghan like the yo yo blanket, except the joining was done with different colors not one single color. Is anybody else trying this?

Some one was saying something about not using black, white or beige? Any reason why?

& finally

who's going to finish first?:think:D

well Danielle I think youy should jump in!

and here is an updated pic of my yo-yo stash:

th_yoyobonanza.jpg

this is the ones I made Christmas day, plus yesterday, plus the few I'd already had done. wahooo! I store them in this beautiful glass vase, and when the vase gets full I'll start connecting them, then fill the vase again, and connect some more.

I'm in :) I was digging thru my stash looking for brown green and white novelty yarn of all kinds to make a scarf for my mom and i found a bunch of scraps of yarn in bright colors. So I think I'm going to make it in bright colors and join with white or black and give it to my little sister for her birthday or christmas next year :)

Count me in. I do think that I am going to do rows though instead of squares. And I might try to offset the odd number rows so that there is less open spaces.

I love the idea of putting the yo-yos in a vase. I have several that are never used and this will be a great way to use them.:clap

Hey, have some funny and disappointing news! Yep, I intended to make several yo-yo's among other things while we traveled ( 17 on road hours! we were stuck in terrible traffic which extended our travel time by a few hours) over Christmas, I only finished 5 yo-yo's out of my personal goal of hoping to come home with a gallon size baggie full.:eek:think , I did start a bearevement blanket for the charity blitz though. Hoping to get some yoyo's made now that I'm finally back home! :hook

cool danielle, I'm sure she'll love it..

heart, sorry to hear about such a long travel time, that's just crazy.

well, I think today is going to be another yo-yo day. I need to finish this one by March 18th so that I can have it mailed out in time for my neices birthday. She doesn't know she is getting it so that is exciting. Anyway, I'll come back on tonight and post a pic of the days progress.

Have a good day all!

well, I made 52 yo-yo's this morning, bringing my total up to 135/540 :clap

here are a few pics, the 2nd one is the vase I'm holding them all in, it holds quite a few, it still isn't full. I have 10 weeks left to finish this thing, and I am confident I can get it done :cheer

th_december16120.jpg

th_december16119.jpg

this is a lot more fun than I realized it was going to be! I havn't decided yet if I'm doing the hexagon shape, or if I'm going to do it in rows. I'm leaning toward rows though, since that is what the 540 came from :lol

Archived