• Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah, I love that! IS that country blue to join??? Looks great!!!! :cheer

Danielle, I love those brights set against the black, looks wonderful! :cheer

:hug for both of you.

Sarah, I love that! IS that country blue to join??? Looks great!!!! :cheer

Danielle, I love those brights set against the black, looks wonderful! :cheer

:hug for both of you.

:D:D Yes it is Red Heart Country Blue! hehe, you're good!

Thanks you all!:manyheart

Danielle, yours is great! I love the bright colors with the black, it really makes them pop. Makes me happy just looking at it. :U

Here is what I have done today, I actually added another row after this so I have 4 total rows. It is 12 wide and I'm going to go about 18 long, then do the edging around, then add a boarder of yo-yo's so it will be a good size throw. I love this pattern, it's neat to work on something a little different than usual.

Pineapplescarf00025.jpg

OH!! are you using Azure to join w/?? I recently did a comfort shawl w/ that color and ABSOLUTELY fell in LOVE with it. Was thinking of using it for my joining, if/when I finally get around to starting to do it. LOVE how your's is turning out. :clap :clap

Sandy

Sarah- I love the colors your using and that ur not using the typical white or black to join :)

Heres a few pics of mine ... as you can see my random isn't quite as random as i wanted it to be :lol

january060.jpg

january061.jpg

january062.jpg

Mine is 20 wide ... I'm not sure how many rows long I'm going to do but its 50 Inches wide

GREAT color choices. really standing out and beautiful. :clap

Sandy

yes heart rh country blue and caron's azure are seriously close in color. I get them confused when looking at them, I have both here in the house, :lol Um, i now have 3 rows joined, but no more pics yet, I really want to get more joining done today, so I'll post pics before I go to bed, or early tomorrow. Today has been hectic, so my hook is currently neglected, and it takes my attention to work on the joining, so hard to do with the kids up and about. It's so great there are a few of us joining at the same time, gives me the motivation to keep going to keep up with # of rows joined :lol

Ada, Thanks, I may have to look for this next time I go to buy yarn. I usually grab rh b/c it costs less. SS is so much softer though. I'l love to make a shawl or something in this same color. I thought they were very close. Thanks again. :D

I do have a question, I was hoping for earthy tones at first, then decided to go with the lovely slate-y blue color to resemble reflections in water colors. Do you think this will look that way? I love the beauty in nature. I'm open to constructive criticism. :U

Oooooooooo,, I really like this afgan. Usually the yo yo's aren't so great looking. But I like the "granny-squardiness" of this one. I have a TON of scraps so I'll have to pull them out soon. Right now I'm working on a baby onsie for my DIL's baby shower.

I worked like crazy before I had more area on my arm removed and tested, (they removed more of the area where the mole was b/c they were concerned about it, it wasn't cancerous though, Praise Jesus! :) and I did the last few rows last night, slowly...It is 12 yo-yo's wide by 16 (?) long. (the photo shows it turned sideways) I haven't edged it, hubby wants it bigger. To fit our queen size bed...um, I said are you nuts? But I think I'm the one who is nuts...I'm actually thinking about it! :D I'll let you know. Here is what is done so far....

Captured2007-2-100001.jpg

I've been working up my yo-yo's from my left over scraps. After a bit, sometimes it seems I have SO MANY in 1 color and I keep wondering if it will be over-dominated by just specific colored yo-yo's.

Then, there are times I have this LONG piece of yarn when I've done w/ the scrap yarn, but it's not enough to actually DO a yo-yo from. Recently (and here's the basis of my posting...finally...lol) started taking those long, but not long enough threads and starting a yo-yo, when I run out of that color, I bring in another contrasting color in order to finish that yo-you up.

So, I will end up w/ 2-tone yo-yo's, but not like a varigated one. Am I making sense in my description? I was thinking having a few of those thrown throughout the afghan might give it a twist (and like 1 on here was talking aobut wanting a watercolor type affect, sort of give it the twist of "paints running together").

What do y'all think?

Sandy

wow sarah that looks great!!! I never did do more rows on mine the other day, but I will work on it tonight during the superbowl, so I'm hoping to get quite a bit done, also, I'm not sticking to the plan of my future rows, I"m just sticking my hand in the basket of yo-yo's and doing it random that way. My SIL is right, I'm nuts and over think things, so Danielle, if this looks bad b/c I tossed the plan.... I'm blaming you :rofl Just kidding :hug I think it will look great! Can't wait to see how Marshelle's looks when it is done.

Archived