Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

Ok, so I want to get more done today, but here is the state of my yo-yo ghan. 5 rows completed. Woot! I'm on target for my goal for the week, which was to join 10, so I have done 2 today, and only need to do 8 more by the end of the week! Which is manageable, once I get in the mode and motor them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh gosh guys we were all the way back on page 3!!! Where is everyone with this. I've been slacking on everything because I'm trying to make up 2 star blankies for a friend ASAP

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to see some of these. I just started one, have 209/750 yo yo's complete. Yes, it's gonna be huge.

I looked at some of the patterns on this thread to encase the yo yo's and nothing really tickled me so I came up with my own pattern that is very easy... I'll have to drag out my camera later and post a pic.

So who is still working on this?

:manyheart oh i will join. just bought 8 bags of yarn at the ark. have lots of yarn and pretty colors. youll have to tell me where i can sent it for a charity when iam done ok. keep me posted when you want to start this ok so excited, nana

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to join in on making yo yo's. I have

a question for you. Are the crocheted yo yo's real small? Maybe like an inch?

I'm working on making yo yo's out of material

and going to make a bedspread quilt out of that.

I saw this crochet yo yo forum and thought it would be a really neat idea to use up my yarn.

Esther Dennis

20 miles East of Tulsa, Oklahoma

I saw one like this a few days ago, but the yo,yo's were joined up in rows.

I think it's a really pretty pattern and have decided to make my dad an afgan for xmas, and have been looking for a pattern to make, I think I will make this one for him and another one for myself, but in rows.

Don't have alot of scraps, but have plenty of full balls, and the colour scheme I wanted for my dad is white and blue anyway.

Need to finish off a few other projects before I start this one.

:catRoxy:cat

thank you so much for the patterns. cant wait to mkae the yoyo afghan. have so many balls of yarn, didnt know what to do with it all. now i know. will send picture when iam done ok. thanks again nana

started to make some yo yo's the other night and my cat cinnamon decided that he wanted to help as well, mmm wasnt that much help as most of them ended up on the floor as he tipped the box over, then when I had picked them all up he started to pick out the ones he liked and run off with them.

cinny1.jpg mmmmmmm, what are these little circles of wool for?

cinny4.jpg They dont smell like food! Maybe I can eat them anyway!

cinny2.jpg Which one shall I have? So many to choose from!

cinny3.jpg This one looks really yummy!

cinny6.jpgNot what I would call gourmet food, but it was nice to have a little chomp on.

cinny5.jpg If she thinks Iam gonna make some of these, she can think again! Stop making these silly things I can't eat or play with and pay attention to me!

• 4 weeks later...

Having problems with joining my yo yo's, whichever way I do it they look a mess. So have decided to make them into squares instead, I might try again later on this year to make another yo yo afghan, but at the moment it's not happening. Getting too frustrated and only have a short time to get completed for my dad's birthday, so will have to move this over to the misc afghan cal.

:cat Roxy:cat

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've posted here before, but I was just admiring some of the yoyo ghans in progress...this time I think I'm going to join in. :hook Yes, I'm sure I'm going to join in. I already have a few yoyos in the making, so I'm on my way...now to make some more!

• 4 weeks later...

My 9yo daughter and I have similar gauge and both have crochet ADD... and we have tons of inherited stash! I'm gonna play with joining methods, and if it doesn't make me too crazy, we'll start a yoyo basket. We both like to crochet in the car, during game night, duing Bible study... you get it. These will be great for on the go since they take zero concentration and aren't bulky. The plan for now it to just collect... it may take us a year to get around to joining. We can sort by color then, and decide in blanket sizes.

All of this to say- I'm not gonna join the CAL since I don't have a timeline, but I have been inspired! I'm looking forward to working on a project with my daughter, and then deciding together who we can give it (them?) to. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

is it too late to join???

I started one at the beginning of July, thinking it would be ok to work with yarn in the hot months of summer if it were motifs, and then got the brilliant idea to try yo-yos.

Then I noticed this CAL seemed inactive, so I went it alone, but now I'm losing momentum.

I've made 548, and I think I still need about 78 more. I need to lay them out to make sure I have enough. And then the fun begins to join all of them!

I've made 116 since starting to make yo-yos last month but haven't posted on here because it seemed like no one else was working on yo-yos. My little sister wants me to make a twin bed sized blanket out of them so I have a long way to go!

Archived