Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

I'm in :)

Started my yo-yos the day after Christmas. I needed a good stashbuster project.

Instead of the suggested "G" hook, I'm using a "K" hook, so each yo-yo would be bigger.

Have a question for those whose started joining. How much bigger would the yo-yos be after adding the edging?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I'm new here, but I want to join this CAL! I'm no competition as I have 5 blankets on my list of WIPs/WIMs for a friend for Christmas, two newborns twins and two twins on the way. I'll be busy for quite a while, but I do have some Yo-Yos made that I did over the summer.

I plan on making mine ALL pink. I'm a big fan of pink. ;) I definitely won't go with king size, but I'm debating if I want to make it queen for my bed at home or twin for my bed at school (dorm) for next year. Orrr I could just go with a throw.

I'd love to hear your opinions! (And also ideas for where to find more (different) shades of pink yarn! I'm stuck!)

Thanks!!

Ashley

Welcome to all the newbies!!!

I'm checking in with 103 yo-yo's tonight. Yeah!! Praise Jesus! I actually finished a good bit tonight. ;) I did add purple and peach to my all earthy color scheme, I'm thinking of adding a rose color too, maby make it a garden theme instead of just earthy colors. Cause I've ran out of my greens and browns. :D

well, isn't that neat, I have 103 yo-yo's and I'm post # 103.

I know I know, thread yo-yo's.....I've lost my mind (I figured having raised three boys, that will do it). But your right about it making a beautiful tablecloth. I just need to figure out what colors I want to do it in.

I am going through my yarn stash and trying to organize it all. I'm such a geek that I am typing it all into Excel as a spreadsheet. :blush

My question is that I am finding a bunch of Red Heart Super Saver yarn and a lot of cotten Sugar and Cream. What is everyone else doing about different types of yarn? Are you mixing and matching or just keeping it to one type of yarn?

Thanks

I'm using RH Super Saver, Sugar and Cream and Caron Simply Soft. I figure it should be fine if I join them all with the same yarn. Either Black or White Super Saver. Probably Black.

I have 36 done so far :)

Not had much time lately to work on my yo-yo's and no idea how many I have done...lol. However, had to share an incident today. One of my clients brought me my Christmas present today. It was a "craft/knit/sewing carryall" full of YARN!!

The thing I wanted to share was w/ the yarn. Several on here have mentioned they are new to crochet or don't have a large scrap stash yet. I'd not thought of this, until today, my client got me several skeins of varying colors yarn, BUT also got me some "craft trims". It's 20 yards of 4 ply worsted weight yarn on a card.

Was so excited because were colors I don't have at the moment and can be used for more variety in my yo-yo's without having to wait to get through full skeins to have the scraps to use. YEA!! :cheer

Sandy

Yep! Let's see, I have used so far, red heart (regular worsted), bernat softee chunky, jewel box, cheinelle, bernat baby (? name) and 3 ply RH, and Peaches n Creme. I know they are all different thicknesses, but I've controlled my tension and they are all the same size, a few may be 1/8" difference. I've just really used scraps, but I think I'm going to have to add a few colors, b/c I've run out of the color scheme I indended to use. ;)

I have about 163 crocheted up w/ ends woven end ready to connect. not sure how many i have w/ 1 unwoven end (I weave the beginning 1 as I go). still a ways to go though.

Sandy

I really need to mention something that I have just seen and been asked to make...

the current rage in Dallas (by my sources anyway) is a YoYo scarf.

yoyos are made and joined to form a scarf and fringes are added randomly in the yoyos

Will try to get a pic to send when i have something or can get something.

I've wondered about making them into scarves as well. It seems like they would look like flowers?

I counted last night and I have about 90 of the little things. I thought I had so much more then I really did.:think

I get too caught up in worrying that I'm making too many of one color. I keep forgetting that I'm going to be making hundreds and hundreds of these.:blush

marshelle is gonna love it danielle, I hope I am there when she opens it!

I did 10 more today, so I have 145. tomorrow is my actual yo-yo making day, and I'm wanting to do like 70 tomorrow, maybe even 100, I'm eager to start joining them, and I think 100 more will fill my vase. But then part of me wants to wait until all of the yo-yo's are done, and not mess with momentum and yarn tension while joining them. Anyway, I'll make more tomorrow and take a pic.

OK, so I think I might be hooked on the idea of trying one of these but I have a question. Nearly every project I've made this year was made with Homespun. Will that work?

Joyce

I would say if u use homespun then u need to use only homespun, even for joining. Or if u can find something else with a similar thickness for joining. I would also use a bigger hook. I think This afghan would be Stunning in Homespun :)

Archived