Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really have alot of scraps yet but I'd like to start making yoyo's as I go. I've eyeballed this afghan a few times. I'm not sure which joining method I should use. I'll probably use the one in the very first post. It looks pretty easy. Right now I'll just worry about getting yoyo's done. LOL

Glad you are all still here Thought i lost ya :( With christmas coming here shortly you wouldn't believe my pile of scraps lol well maybe if you looked at my blog reciently lol welcome abord YArn Junky Glad to have you :) any progress picies yet ?

I plan on making this afghan b/c the pattern seems really simple. I do have a question about the pattern though. When making the yo-yos, do we join the last dc and the top of the chain 3 with a slip stitch or no? I was wondering b/c the pattern doesn't say to do that, but whenever I've had to make yo-yos, I've had to join the last dc and the chain 3 with a slip stitch.

So, those who are working on this, are you joining after the last dc?

The bad news is that I am getting enough bits of yarn now to join y'all. I can start making up some yoyos and just keep them at hand for when I can make something with them. I do love that pattern.

I would love to join this, but I've read the pattern and I'm all confused over how to join the yo-yo's. I've never made motifs and joined them any other way apart from sewing them together or single crocheting down a straight edge....

I want to try, but I'm terrified of stuffing it up!

No problem Tami, I'm always glad to help!:hook

Darski - I don't have tons of scraps; I just make some from every skein I bring in and throw them in a bag. I already have one row started as I intend to do mine totally scrappy and big like the one she has a photo of at the end of the directions. I really like scrap quilts and hence, thats why I'm drawn to it. So, go for it!:yes

Mandys76 - the joining part is really easy. Just take it one step at a time and if need be, post here and I'll be happy to walk you through it. :hook

Hi sallenlouise and clare! Welcome to both of you!:hi

:flake:wgrin:sman:santa:ctree:rud:wreath:2snowman

i have making the yoyo's for a couple of hours (whilst i watch a dvd) and i have made 40!!! wow i carnt believe how quick they come along....

its great beacause you can see your work come alive and in quick time tooo !!! yippee!

hi figement

Hi Clare!:bounce

They do go quickly don't they. At the rate your going, you'll have a quilt/afghan in no time, just keep watching DVD's, LOL!:rofl Seriously, the joining goes even quicker.

I'm glad you decided to go for it and that you're enjoying it so much. Have a good night!

:2snowman:ctree:rud:stocking:santa:wreath:grinch:sheepxmas:smiling:hbulb

hi all

here is my stash. how may have you got???:P

that is just today's effort!!!:clap yes i was bored :lol

and dont remind me, i have all those ends to sew in, ill just do that when i get bored with making the yoyo's:D

i just love this CAL:manyheart

IMG_0700.jpg

I just got a huge stash from my Grandma. Right now I'm working on Christmas presents that have to get done. Then I'll work on making some yoyos. I don't think I'm going to make a specific amount of any color. I'm just going to put them together sort of wily nily.

Ok, I got a few made today, I also put it in my siggy, hope that's ok. I am going to use earthy-woodsy colors. I will use either a sandy color or a green shade to go around them. I'm going to do a lapghan size. I think. ;) Here's a photo of what I made so far!

yoyos00000.jpg

Hi Heart:hi

:welcome Tami is the hostess here but welcome anyway! You're already under way with good progress. I anticipate this taking me awhile since I'm acquiring yo-yo's as I go. I don't have a huge (ok, its getting to be big, but not by any means huge) stash, so each time I start a new project, I make some from the new colors. The moral of my story is I expect to be around her for awhile, coupled with the fact that I want a queen size afghan. I try to post pics of my progress so far over the weekend.:flake:snow:wangel:wreath:rud:hbulb:gift:santa:ctree

Ok, I got a few made today, I also put it in my siggy, hope that's ok. I am going to use earthy-woodsy colors. I will use either a sandy color or a green shade to go around them. I'm going to do a lapghan size. I think. ;) Here's a photo of what I made so far!

yoyos00000.jpg

hi heart!

i only joined a few days ago, they work up soooo quick, i like the colours you are using. carnt wait to see the finished product:hook

Archived