Simple Yoyo Square Afghan Along

TamiCrochets

I finally got the picture of my first 63 yoyos uploaded. Here it is.

yoyos01.jpg

I was thinking of doing the border in white, but now am wondering if it would look better in black. I'll wait until I have more done before I decide.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Krystal that's what I started thinking too. I didn't think much about it until I took this picture and that's why I started doubting my first choice. Plus I don't think I have any black going into it. So I'm leaning more towards black than anything else too.

okies ladies, i was only able to do 62 more today, so that makes this weeks yo-yo count 72, and my yo-yo to date (yytd) count is 207 :cheer My vase still isn't completly full, so I am not going to start joining yet, well that and I need more colors, since I don't want it to look like I was planning on 1 color, and then ran out, I want to have look random, not unplanned... if that makes sense. Anyway, here is a pic of my vase to show my progress.

th_January3.jpg

Ada, That's great!!!

I have changed my mind as far as my blanket goes. I've added a rose, purple, and more blue to my origional scheme of earth tones, I'm going to use either navy or slate blue to join, and muted greens, browns, purples, pinks, ect, I'm hoping for a color scheme that resembles a Thomas Kincade (spelling ?) painting, just the colors, :D, not the actual beauty of the paintings. Kinda like a french cottage type colors, if this sounds right. I did get some pretty verigated sugar n creme and some Moda Dea Cache' from Michaels today that I can't wait to work up into yo-yo's. Hope they will work. The photo of this small stash is in my blog, link in my siggy. ;)

Ok, so I made 83 more today, and will also be working on this some more tomorrow. But for now my yytd is 290!!!!! :yay I might even get some more done tonight, I want to end tomorrow with no less than 350 completed. And I'm really going through my yarn tidbits. I'm going to buy black yarn this weekend to combine them. The 3 or 4 skeins of black I have are all slightly varying shades, so I need to pick some up that is all the same black.

I have 289 :) I'm keeping mine in a medium sized basket it's almost full :) I should take a picture ... I can't wait to start joining I need to figure out how many i need to do though

How did ya'll figure out how many you need.... and how on earth do we figure how many we need if we are doing a hexagon shaped one?? If I knew I could do a hexagon, but I don't so here is how I figured out for my yo-yo done in rows.

Each yo-yo is 1 1/2 inches without the trim, and I'm thinking after doing the sc around to join I can count on 2" per yo-yo. and I want a blanket for my neice that is 36" wide and 60" long. So I need 18x30 yo-yo's which is 540. But maybe 40" wide is better, and then i need 600 yo-yo's. I'm not sure where I'm going to end up stopping, :lol

So far today I have made 36 more yo-yo's, which puts me at 315, which is right on target working once a week on yo-yo's to finish my yo-yo's by the end of February and have 2 weeks in March to connect them before I have to mail it out for my neices birthday. I want to get some more done though, while I have time, so I don't feel rushed at the end. But I am also making an apron for my 3 year old for her birthday on the 31st, so I may work on that some today too. We'll see. I'll be back later if I have further progress to report.

Wtg Danielle on your yo-yo progress, can't wait to see it!

I'm not sure how many I have now, around 200 I think. Here is some of the yarn I've been working with, I bought some from the $1 - $2 sale at Michaels, and one is sugar n creme, just some of the colors I've added. I've finally decided to use a pale slate blue/grey color to go around them. Hoping for a water color efect. :D Anywho, here is how they worked up

newyo-yos.jpg(the lime-y green is not that neon looking, it's actually brownish plum color, scanner must be sick today!)

Sarah - I love those colors :) That is going to be very pretty :) I can't wait to see it joined

Ada - thanks for the tip to figure out how many we need. Now I just need to figure out how big I want to make it:think Should I make it big enough for her twin sized bed?

Tonight while I was taking pictures of some scarves I made I took a picture of my yo yo basket. I also made the basket :) oh I'm so crafty :blush:lol

january030.jpg

Danielle those are gonna look so great, Marshelle is gonna love it!

I did 5 more, lol. So my total for today is 41, and my yytd number is 330! :cheer

Pics later, as I'm too lazy to take and upload pics right now. But my vase is MORE than full!

Anyone know the measurements of a twin sized bed? I can't seem to find my tape measure. Ada you are flying through those yo yo's you are gonna be done b4 you know it

while i am at my bfs apt I use a gallon sized ziplock baggie to hold my yo yo's in. when i end up making it home I put them in a basket much like the one Gavinsmom uses .. I'll be putting them together once my other comitment to this site is finnished. you all are so far ahead of me! I feel like i am slacking hugely if that is even a word!

Archived