Large Shell Shawl

princesa66

Question

Awesome! I can't wait to try it. I REALLY need to finish some wip's first, but this will definitely bump some other stuff down. You guys are sooooo quick! Chelle, if you write a pattern, too, let us know!

I'm not sure what it looks like since they only show a bit, but here's a shell shawl

http://www.craftown.com/crochet/pat51.htm

This is my favourite shawl to make http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/donisfuff/croshawl.html

I've made about 9 of them - from bulky weight to sock weight and everything in between. You can see the latest one I'm working on in my blog (see sig). I'm doing it out of Sirdar YoYo. Be warned - this photo has sparked a lot of stash envy! You might want to have paper towels to mop up the drool :-)

okay Stash, WHERE DID YOU FIND THE YOYO?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Seriously, i went looking for it and can't find any!! What other colors does it come in? And how big are you gonna be able to make that shawl with only one ball? Definately some serious droolage going on here.

LOL - I've started something with this - I wish I got a commission!

I bought it at my LYS, Lewiscraft. They're in Canada, but I believe that Mary Maxim also sells it and they have a US online store - retails for $39.99 USD

One ball is plenty for the shawl and I like them droopy. So far I'm at 33" at the deepest point and I've still got lots left. The yardage goes really far with this stuff. I can't say enough good things about it.

And the best part - it's frogable!

OMG Sherri...that shawl is gorgeous!!! I think it's about the prettiest I've ever seen. Absolutely gorgeous. :drool Now I'm gonna have to get me some of that YoYo and make me one! :drool Like I don't have enough things on my plate already!! Good thing I'm almost done with my swap things. :knit

Ok, I can't afford that yarn, lol, but I picked up something at JoAnns that may be their version of YoYo. Having never seen theYoYo I can't really compare but it came in the same huge ball and same color patters.

sorry i didn't get to typing that up yesterday... my mother called, letting me know we had family in from idaho - so i had to rush around getting the kids around and get to a restaurant, we didn't make it home til late.... i'll do my very best to get it done today, after we get back from my grandpa's house.....

Yeah Stacy, you gonna let us know what type you picked up?? Waiting patiently for you to tell us. :knit

hello all. i have been thinking and have decided that i am not going to post what i have been working on. i tried putting myself in the designer's shoes and came to the conclusion that i just wouldn't be happy if someone copied something i had worked so hard on and then shared it with the world.

i hope no one here is upset with me. i just feel that this is the right thing to do (or not do, as it happens) :(:hug

Rebecca,

Of course you have to follow what feels right to you!!!

I felt ok posting my version because this was a single, vintage piece being sold, and no one could find a pattern out there anywhere. If the seller was making the shawls herself, or selling her pattern for it, I wouldn't have posted something. If that had been the case, I would agree it was trying to get around copyright.

I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong :hug, just explaing how I saw it at the time. Copyright can be so murky sometimes, if this is a clear violation, I would like to know. If it is, I'll have my post deleted because I do think honoring copyright, both specifically and in spirit, is important.

Holly

are you gonna tell us the name or keep us in suspense zingy? LOL

OMG Duh! :eek Sorry. It's JoAnn's Sensations Rainbow Boucle. 88% Acrylic 12% Nylon (YoYo has acrylic, wool and something else but no nylon). Calls for a size K hook (bulky weight?) 11ounces, 853 yards. $7.99 regular priced.

Boucle.jpg

but I'll look around and see if I can find a similar pattern. Boy, is that gorgeous! I like the stitch and all, but that lovely color is what makes it for me. And I don't usually go for lots of orange!

Good luck, and if you find it somewhere, let us know. I think several others here may be seeing an orange cape in their future. LOL

Lene'

Archived