Five Day Charity Squares Crochet-A-Long!

LavenderBear

Hello! Last month I sponsored a Weekend Square-A-Long and am going to sponsor it again this month starting on Monday!!! :cheer Instead of running it for just a weekend of Friday through Sunday, I will be hosting it starting Monday morning and let it go until Friday night! I will announce the winners Saturday night after ALL of us in different time zones have had a chance to announce how many squares were made by them! :yes

So . . . . . . . gather up your yarn, hooks, scissors, and whatever else you will need and get ready to start when you get up and going come Monday morning! Feel free to post how you are coming along throughout the week, and be sure and cheer us along as we meet our individual goals! :yay

Now, as for the winners, I am going to do something a little different! There will be a LARGER prize sent to the winner who makes the MOST CHARITY SQUARES during that time! And then there will be THREE OTHER WINNERS drawn from ALL who participate!! So whether you make one square or more, you will have an opportunity to WIN! :hook

As promised, this is your notification of it coming SOON!!! Hope MANY join us as we make squares that will help a variety of charities - those of your choice! ;)

NOTE: Squares are to be 6" or larger and in your choice of pattern and yarn!

Come join us!! :clap

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just recently built up my stash pile... shh.... DH doesn't know all that is hidden:devil

I will be making my squares for Project Rest Assured, so please count me in. Please post the size the squares that will be counted....

My only obstacle is my 40 hr job....rrrr well at least it helps me build the stash:clap :hook:cheer

Kelly

:)I too would like to give this a try. This will be my first one. I have to agree with Kelly that unfortunately the time with my job has to come first, BUT that doesn't mean I won't be practicing my crocheting speed to help out, lol. Gotta love the pressure:lol. Will there be info on where the squares need mailed. My contribution may not be much, but it's out there:)

Hopefully I'll be able to participate but I have a major test every day (Monday to friday) next week! :( I guess I could crochet during my study breaks because crocheting really helps me calm my nerves. Are there any guidlines to follow (size, type, color of yarn)?

I knew I must have forgotten something! Yes, last time I set this up it was for 6" squares are larger! That seemed to work out well and went along with several of the charities that were going! So we will keep it that way, with 6" or larger squares counting toward our goals! I will add that up above where I started this thread! And the type of square is YOUR decision! :yes

I can SO relate to MUCH homework and testing! I am in school Monday through Wednesdays each week and have MUCH to accomplish this week as well! One of the things I like about crocheting is that it helps lower my stress, so this will work out WELL for me doing it during the week! It'll be a GREAT way to wind down from work too!

GOOD to see some signing up already!! Go team!!

I'll try, I've gotta work this week too. But It might be a fun challenge though.

It would definanltly help get rid of some of my stash(my parents would say I definantly have a stash, more than a stash).

God Bless!!!

Julee!!

P.S. What was the highest number of crocheted squares last time?

Julee,

GOOD question! If my memory serves me right, the grand total of squares that were smaller than the 6" ones was 85 and the 6" and larger was 48! I ran it from Friday to Sunday, so we have two more days for this challenge!

I can't wait to get started and am gathering up my supplies right now! :yay

I'm in!!! It will be fun to work on something "mindless" and fast. Any one who doesn't have something already to do with the squares you will be making, I'm accepting squares to put together for the various charities my local craft group gives items too. Here are the sizes I'm collecting and what they will be used for.

6" for snugglies for dogs, 10" for cat snugglies (for animal shelter), 8" for blankets (for homeless shelters, foster kids, and crisis preg shelters) and 12" for Lapghans for Veterans.

Can't wait for Monday to get here!:cheer

PM or email me for address!

Hello! I am up LATE (or would that be early since it's just past 2:00 a.m. my time)?!?! I thought I would come on and see if anyone has begun their squares, and I see at least one of you has started - WTG!! :cheer I have made my FIRST square, but I am now putting my "tired from too much studying body" to bed so I will be somewhat rested for my two classes tomorrow!!

So . . . if it is Monday in your neck of the woods, GO FOR IT!!! :yay

Be sure and post something at least daily to let us know how you're doing! You don't have to tell us how many squares you have completed, unless you want to, but you can tell us you've been busy working on making them! :yes

I'm hopefully off to La La Land now!! Nite!! :waving

Hello fellow crocheters!! :hook

I have completed five squares so far and won't be reporting back until later tonight. I have two classes today, one that is 1.5 hours and one that is 4.0 hours, but I will hopefully be crocheting in between and afterwards! My goal for today is 10 squares!

Has anyone else set a personal daily or five day goal?! Can't wait to hear how you guys are doing with this crochet-a-long! Think of the people who will be blessed because of these squares!! :yes:yarn:yes

Ladies slow down :blush

Just kidding, go get them ladies:manyheart

I will have to hold back on this, I started off this morning and was able to get 5 done, however, I have two WIPS (stitching two ghans together) I need to get done and out the door this week.

So until later in the week I will just continue to watch the numbers grow and grow :cheer GO TEAM :cheer

Hopefully I will zip through the WIPS and be back with you crocheting soon. :manyheart:yes

Man and I have a competive nature...... :devil

Kelly

I've only done 3 today and it makes me mad because I am so competitive! :angry

You all must crochet 10 times faster than I do... I'm doing the basic granny square but I have class M-F from 8 am all the way to 7 pm (I never even have time to eat lunch!) and this week I have a test every single day. Between classes and studying, I barely have time to crochet this week - which is why I will definitely "lose" in this competition. But hey, it's all for charity right? I even tried today to crochet while walking to class but that definitely didn't work out. :lol

Anyways, my personal goal for my 5 day total is 20 6" squares. Let's hope I can make it!

I'm not participating (I can do, like, 1 per evening...I'm real slow :lol) because I have other commitments, but I just wanted to jump in and tell everyone that you are doing great. And it doesn't matter whether you win or "lose"...there are no losers here as far as I'm concerned, and the biggest winner is the recipients of these squares. This is all so inspiring.

Go, crocheters, go! :cheer

I'M GEEKED!!!!!!!! :yes Coming here tonight has inspired me to finish my daily goal of 10 squares (I actually made 11)! I am SO TIRED from a heavy day at school, and the homework that goes with it, but reading the posts here helped me to keep on plugging away! :ty

And it is TRUE that ALL of us are WINNERS, no matter if we make one or 100 (or more) squares! Even our cheerleaders are WINNERS, don't you agree?! :cheer

:welcome to those of you who joined us today!! You are part of a LOVING group of friends helping others with our talent of crocheting!! :ghug

Keep up the GREAT work, and continue to post your progress!

Sweet dreams for those of us heading to our beds soon, and good morning to those just waking up to a new day! :manyheart

I've got 2 1/2 12" squares done, today once I finish the 12 inch I'm working on I'll be working on some 10" that is if I feel better. I think I've got a cold! :sick

Archived