Tapestry Tote CAL

lunchbox

Rebecca, your tote is really pretty!

Here's my second one done...this one has longer handles as per a request by my niece.

nicspurse.jpg

In retrospect I have to agree with the X stitching...it was a bit of a pain in the rump.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White Elephant - Do you have Adobe Reader? That may be why you can't see it, since it's in .pdf form. If you do, ignore this message, please! :blush

If not, here's the link for the free downloadable version! http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

toriem, you might want to try this link for a lining tutorial, it's pretty good:

http://www.helloknitty.com/pdfs/Lining.pdf

It's not that hard to do, I'm done mine and all I did was trace the bag onto a piece of paper, add 1/2 inch for a seam allowance all around and then cut out the fabric, fold 1/2 inch of each side of the 'points' down and iron it, (I'm sure there's lots of other ways you can do it too) then sewed the sides and pinned the lining into the bag and then blind hemmed it by hand. Writing it out it makes it sound complicated but it's really not! ;)

Thank you! I just finished my bag just in time for my friend's b-day. Now I'm tempted to keep it. I'll just have to make another one, but in different colors.

This was my first time making a bag, and also first time working with granny squares! I quite enjoyed it!!

When I was making mine, I thought the colors didn't work together as well as I wanted it to be. But now, that I've finished with it, I think I quite like my color scheme. I think I'll name mine the Watermelon Tapestry Tote Bag hehe.

All my yarns, I used Red Heart Super Saver. I also made mine with longer handles because I like to hang bags on my shoulder than to carry them. I saw someone in another thread doing the switching colors with the squares, so I did that. I also only put 2 X's in the front of the bag (they're "supposed" to be like watermelon seeds, but not really :P). And the back of the bag has no X's, so you can use whatever side you want depending on your mood.

For the life of me, I couldn't figure out directions on how to do the handle, so I just swinged it as best as I could. I double stranded everything for the handles, because I wanted it to be sturdy.

I'm very happy with my lining too! Although my stitching could use work... oh well as long as it works! So anyways, here are my pics.

100_1533.jpg

100_1538.jpg

100_1540.jpg

Crocheting P. I replyed to this once; but it seemed to have gone into outspace and I haven't seen it againg? What is with that?:lol

I love your purse and the color combination . You did a very good job. :yesPINKROSES

Pinkroses, Barb, thanks for the compliments on my second tote! :manyheart

Toriem, love your tote! The colours are great!! :cheer

Kim, you did a great job on yours...I love how you used the rhinestones, they look wonderful! :cheer

I made one of these totes last weekend. It worked up really fast. I can't seem to get the stitches in between the squares right, though...and how do I even go about lining it? Is there a good lining tutorial out there somewhere? :think

Please do join with me Fidgement! I need a buddy! :D

I'd better pick out my colors tonight. Decisions, Decisions! I have so much yarn in my stash, I'm sure I can find something without having to go buy any yarn! :yay

I hope yall will post pictures when you get through. I didn't get to because I don't have a printer. I know you will love making it. Good luck. PINKROSES

Archived