Tapestry Tote CAL

lunchbox

I am glad you are we have so much fun working on the purse.

:clap Glad you are here.

I am almost finihshed with my purse. I am going to Work pink Buillon Roses in between the squares on mine. PINKROSES :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got one more square to make then I get to sew them together! That's a good Idea pinkroses to put flowers on the bag! I wish that I had chosen prettier colors other than blue and gray but I've already got my next one planned! I'll make a pink, white and gray one for my MIL.

I'm not great at sewing but I'm going to give lining this bag a shot. Is anyone else lining thiers? My squares came out somewhat holey, I'd hate to lose my crochet hooks out the bottom of the bag!

I am lining mine. I am sure your bag is very pretty.

When I make my Grannie Squares. I only chain one in beteewn the double crochet sections. I find chaining 2 to be too holie too.

But , you may want to try a few rounds to see how they work for you. PINKROSES

I've been drooling over this thread for the past three days. *lol* Mind if I join? I have to have at least two WIPs or I never get anything done. Did that make any sense just now? :think Oh well...

I think I've got my yarn picked out...now to print out that pattern...

Welcome to the CAL, Geek'sGirl31! We're happy to have you join us!

I've got five more squares all done but for the weaving in and three more requiring the last round.

I'm slow (or short on time is more like it) but I'm getting there.

I've been drooling over this thread for the past three days. *lol* Mind if I join? I have to have at least two WIPs or I never get anything done. Did that make any sense just now? :think Oh well...

I think I've got my yarn picked out...now to print out that pattern...

That made sense to me! I'm always working on different things, I just get bored too quickly working on the same project all the time. That's why I love squares projects, different tasks to keep me into it!

I'm not great at sewing but I'm going to give lining this bag a shot. Is anyone else lining thiers? My squares came out somewhat holey, I'd hate to lose my crochet hooks out the bottom of the bag!

I lined mine as well for the same reason, didn't want things falling out. Sewing isn't my favorite thing to do, but lining this bag really isn't that hard. :D

I ran last night and got some new yarn. I did my first square last night. I opted for black, grey and red---I am an Ohio State Fan! LOL I will probably line mine as well. Can't wait for this afternoon when I can get some more done (mornings are reserved for homeschooling and housework LOL--afternoons are General Hosital and crocheting! LOL)

Rebecca

I can't believe how popular this little bag is! I've already had requests (more like demands :lol ) from at least two of my nieces to make them this bag after they saw mine completed. One wants it with longer handles so she can hang it off her shoulder...

eep, i need to pull my finger out. Ive only done 2 squares - me who was going on about how quick it is to finish lol.

I just got distracted by some shiny new yarn lol

I got mine all together last night and I have the first handle on so I'm almost there! I'm going today to get some material for lining, this should be fun! This bag was really quick, I can't wait to start my next one with my yarn coming out of this one! woo!

I must be dyslexic or something...man, I had problems with those instructions! I finished up my first square during my lunch hour 2day. I ended up with the right amout of ch-1 and ch-2 sps(after frogging my first square twice), but...it's a rectangle. :think Not by much, but just enough to notice.

Oh well...the bag's for me. *LOL* If I don't end up mangling it(and I just might!), I think I'll make another for the mother of 3 of my library kids - she's knitting me a poncho, and a pink bear for my goddaughter(she's so sweet, and she refuses to take money for it!). I'll cross my fingers.

And there's a sale at A.C. Moore 2nite! Woot!

I was at A.C.Moores today. and saw some similiar Grannie Square bags. None are as cute as this one.

I brougth me some black fabric with pink, blue and lanveder flowers on it sort of a sheen to it. I thought this would be a pretty complainment to my black, pink , lavender and ombre shades of pinks and blues. They are small colored flowers.

I am going to do pink bullion flowers in between the squares where we joined them together. Love to make buillion roses. PINKROSES

Hello, my name is Pat and I'm addicted to UFO's......

Okay, I've decided that C'ville is an enabler to my UFO affliction......now I have several items in various stages of thinking about starting, starting, just started, mid-phase, nearing completion and almost done - I'm sure there are other stages, I just don't know the correct name for them....but I just had to stop everything and make this tote. Actually we went on a road trip to Fingerlakes Race Course yesterday and I worked on the bag all the way out and back - total of 6 hours in the car.....we had a friend racing and we had to give the jockey a ride out to the track. She rode a good race and came in 4th - the horse just doesn't want to win!! It was kind of cool!!!

Anyhow - here's what I accomplished: It's done is off-white, sage green and purple. I added the buttons to give it some personality. My DH wants me to make a bigger one in his racing colors. Funny, I was thinking about doing that the whole time I was working on this one.

th_tapestrybag-3.jpg

I hadn't planned on participating in the CAL, but it seemed to be a good pattern to try out some #3 cotton thread I had recently dyed. Since I had a limited amount of the dyed thread, I changed the square & also used some Lustersheen. I also made longer straps. The Luustersheen is turquoise & the dyed is shades of turquoise & lime. I'll post a picture as soon as I figure out how :) Am now working on tote #2.

Alosha

Welcome Alosha! I can't wait to see your tote. It sounds like it's going to be beautiful!

Pat, your tote is lovely! Great colors. I love the buttons/beads you used. What a great idea!

My squares are finished and assembled. I worked the first row of the handle and was completely confused by the row 2 instructions. It was late last night so I'll take another look at it tonight. Maybe my brain will be working by then!

Pat, your tote bag is really lovely!! I love the decorative buttons, talk about jazzing it up!! :clap I just love how everyone here is so creative with how they finish their projects. :D

I'm almost done my second tote bag, this one is for my niece who saw it and 'simply HAD to have one' :lol

I finished my bag a few days ago but haven't had a chance to post a pic. I chose Ohio State colors just to irritate my dh. ;) It was so quick to do...and helped me to relieve some stress that I was having over the weekend. :lol Both my daughters now want me to make them one.

Like someone else said, the little x's in the middle were just a pain to me--I couldn't get them to look right so I left them off. And I even do cross-stitch and I still couldn't get them right.

Here is the pic of my bag:

1978339HPIM0014.JPG

Rebecca

HA! Those little x's irritated me too so all I did was made these crocheted buttons and put them on!

Boy have I enjoyed seeing all the many different totes! They are all looking so nice!

Rebbecca your purse is really cute. I have A aunt and her family who live in Ohio. You did a good job on your purse. PINKROSES

Archived