Tapestry Tote CAL

lunchbox

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am an experienced crocheter of almost 15 years and that 3rd round has me confused! What's up with that? This is supposed to be easy! Sometimes the easiest patterns are the hardest for me! LOL:lol :lol SO needless to say I haven't even gotten 1 square completed yet! Grrrr!

I am an experienced crocheter of almost 15 years and that 3rd round has me confused! What's up with that? This is supposed to be easy! Sometimes the easiest patterns are the hardest for me! LOL:lol :lol SO needless to say I haven't even gotten 1 square completed yet! Grrrr!

You are not alone! Which means I'm not alone, either. :lol My first "square" ended up as a rectangle, and I'd already frogged it twice. It's gotten so frustrating that I haven't started square two yet. And I really like the colors I chose so it's driving me nuts. I'll have to pick it up again this week...

Hi all!

I'm on my fifth square and I personally think they could have done a better job writing the directions. The way they are written is somewhat over complicated (just my opinion). For what its worth, this would be my choice:

Join with sc in any ch-1 sp, ch1 (dc,ch 1,dc,ch2,dc) in next ch-2 sp, ch 1, decrease, then repeat ch 1, dec, ch 1, (dc, ch2, dc) in the same ch sp as the last half of the dec.

This pattern then repeats and I just ignored the end decrease, since its the same.

I don't know if this helps, but as I said, I found them confusing.

I totally agree with you fidgement!! FIVE SQUARES?? I'm way behind. Tonight won't be any better for me either--2 boy with Football practices--and Youth Group Kick Off tonight with a band, games, prizes, singing....maybe this weekend.....

I still need to pick out the "perfect" colors!!

Fidgment, thanks for the modification in instructions! Hopefully that will help.

Now if I just figure out where I buried it after it ticked me off... :blush

GG31, I should have indicated that the instructions were for round 3 and you join in any ch-1 sp (or ch-2 sp). Also, the end decrease, to me is the same as the regular decrease.

Seems to me that someone was trying to fill in the gaps with word count or something!!!:think :think

let me know if this helps anyone as I really don't intend to add to the confusion!:eek

Cheers:yay

I'm being a pest I know. BUT I finally picked out my colors and I'm going to run with it! One square down! My colors are slate blue, off white and tan. Can't wait to get my squares done. Twelve to go! :lol :lol

OK. I've jumped on the bandwagon for this project. When it was first posted I loved it but was working on something else. Then someone suggested felting it and:idea! I have some wool that I was working into a bag, but I didn't like how the bag was working out. Two days ago I frogged that bag, rewound my yarn and got to work. I'm doing all the squares, one round at a time. So, I have eight squares done through round 3 and five squares done through round two. It's actually coming together very quickly. My colors are black, purple and blue. Once I get the squares done I will see if I need to add a few squares for the purpose of felting -- if I can figure out how I could add a few squares. We'll see. Anyway, just thought I'd publicly jump on the bandwagon here. :) Happy hooking! :hook

I am doing mine the same way. I did one complete square to see if I liked the color combination I picked out. The rest I'm doing a round at a time. All the centers are done for 12 and 2 are done on round 2.

Thanks for the lining info! I will go out to Joann's this weekend to get some fabric.

I did mine in wool, also, because I had plans to felt it. Well, I decided to work up a square and felt that to see how it would turn out and I am sooooo glad I did! The tote is really cute, but the square that I felted is so ugly and full of holes (because it's not a consistent stitch, I think.) I cannot imagine an entire purse like that.

Anyway, if you are planning to felt, I would highly recommend felting one square first, to see how you like it. :hook

The tote is really cute, but the square that I felted is so ugly and full of holes (because it's not a consistent stitch, I think.) I cannot imagine an entire purse like that.

Anyway, if you are planning to felt, I would highly recommend felting one square first, to see how you like it. :hook

Thanks so much for the information. I will try to felt a square before I do the tote. I do like the way its coming out. I have all the squares finished and I have sew together the first five of them. I should have it done fairly quickly. :)

Hey, Fidgement--are you done with your tote? :lol :lol :D post a pic if you are.

I'm still plugging along. Three squares are done up to the 3rd round and 9 have 2nd round done....and one square completely done.

Varsity FB game tonight. Might get more done tomorrow.

:hook :hook

ARGH! Wait for me! LOL Please post pics when you are done!

Went to a yarn shop today that someone at work told me about called "The Yarn Basket". It is about 70 miles from where I live. OMG! I wanted one of everything! EXPENSIVE though. I got 2 skeins of wool yarn. Can't wait to experiment!

Better go work on my tapestry tote, I'm being left in the dust..:ohdear:sweat:sigh

Teresa, I'm slowing the pace! Actually, I'm working on something else at the moment so you'll have a chance to catch up :ccompute:knit :dog

I love independent yarn shops but they do tend to be on the pricey side! I always look for sales.

Now, time to get busy again!

Cheers :yes

Don't slow down for me. I'm just teasing you! I'm starting to put mine together. Maybe I can finish it today or tomorrow.

I'm not looking forward to weaving in all those ends!! Does someone have a trick to doing that so you don't have so many to do at the end. I rarely make a project I have to piece together just for that reason!

Just got home from church and it is pouring down rain. Good day to stay inside and crochet!:clap :clap

Teresa,

Don't be silly - I'm slowing down because I have a lot of WIP's and I have a tendency to go from one to the other (it keeps me from being bored and I suffer from a short attention span). So, as opposed to fighting it, I just jump around!

The only secret I can share concerning the ends is to crochet as much of them in as you go so you don't have as much to weave. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Have fun, and I'll post progress pic today, even if it isn't completely done!

Cheers!!!:D:yes:yay

Ps -:rain here too, and has messed up my plans for this afternoon! Oh well, more time to :hook:yarn !

Archived