Tapestry Tote CAL

lunchbox

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol. im in, but i already finished mine. I may make another since i lose my job today and will be walking past the yarn store with £20 in my wallet :)

Mine was made from chunky acrylic, i think i used a 6mm hook and it measures just over 12in square. Its a very quick and easy project to make.

Oh gosh, I so want to make another one of these! They are SUPER quick, but I have so much on my plate right now.

But who knows???

I have been known to over extend myself!!!

I'm so glad someone started this CAL. :cheer I have just started making mine. I made one square, but thought it was too small, so I decided to use two strands of yarn and a J hook. I like the thickness of it and the size. I am using the colors tan, dark brown and light pink. I am probably going to use it to keep my projects in.

Kim :princess

Okay so I have my colors! I dug through my stash this morning and found some blues and gray. I'm using Caron SS so I'm assuming the bag will be smaller than the pattern but that's okay, maybe I can use it for sock projects. I'll get started when I get home from work tonight!

Ok, I'm IN! I have either made this bag, or one very similar to it, in the past! I believe I made it in burgandy, navy blue, and cream?! Now to decide which yarn and colors to use for this one!! Decisions?! Decisions?! :dance

I'll join on this one, who can't always use another bag? I know I have more than enough yarn lying around.

Besides, I need a break from making diaper covers. Hopefully the baby won't outgrow anything in the next week!

Okay I've got my colours! I'm going with navy blue, forest/emerald green, and a variegated of the two...should be interesting!!

Emm...is anyone else a teensy bit confused by the handle instructions?! :blush

I have my colors! I chose burgundy, orange and yellow and I also picked up a dark purple. Maybe I'll alternate the dark colors in the squares, I don't know yet.

I made a square last night but used an H hook (as suggested on the yarn label) instead of the I hook the pattern says to use. So of course the square is 4 inches instead of 4 1/2. Oh well, at least now I'm familiar with the pattern! It'll make a great coaster.

Kiki, I haven't even looked at the handle instructions yet! I just wanted to tackle the squares.

Just for fun, I thought I'd try something on my colors - I'd reach into a stash bag without looking and use the first three colors I pulled out! So I tried it - first I grabbed a nice rose color, so far so good. Then next came a sort of dark, dusty blue. I liked it. The third color I grabbed was an ecru. It looked ok, but I chickeden out of going for what I grabbed and put the ecru back and got out a nice Mulberry. So those are my colors, Rose, Mulberry and Dark Dusty Blue.

Can I cheat and change the pattern just a tiny bit too? I don't think I can make anything without changing something. I added one more round before the sc edging, in the same color as the edging. My gauge was a little smaller to start with, so adding the round makes it just a little bit bigger, and I like a bigger size bag.

This is pretty awesome bag... not that I need any more projects. We all do right?!!! :D I just had a thought, using 100% wool and felting this bag might be pretty cool. Another "To Do" for my list.

Great job ladies!!!

I got started tonight. I wasnt going to make another but i fancied a quick project. I made 2 squares and i used 2 colours of basic double knit, and one of a kind of really itchy mohair which has malted all over my black tshirt! These squares are a lot smaller than my last attempt. Im alternating colours again, making 8 of one and 5 of the other

tapbag.jpg

lets see your progress ladies!!

Everyone's colours sound really interesting!! xampx your squares are looking great!

I've made 8 squares so far....can't believe how fast they work up! Too bad it takes me 3 times as long to weave in all the ends :( I'm weaving as I go cause the thought of having to do them all at once gives me a sick feeling in my tummy!

Here's what I have so far; I made the first square with an H hook just like you, Rena! I crochet on the loose side so thought it would be okay, but mine was also 4"...

sq1.jpg

So I looked at it and wasn't really happy with how the colours looked together so I jogged them around and used an I hook;

sq2.jpg

I can live with this combination.

Archived