Tapestry Tote CAL

lunchbox

Lunchbox, I put my square up to yours on the screen and from what I can see, although I'm not 100% sure and I'm no expert, it looks like your mistake is on either rounds 3 &/or 4...on round 3 you should have 3 ch1 sp on each side, then the 2 corners...it looks like you have 2 on one side (picture left) and 4 on the bottom side...this could be when you are doing round 3 you aren't doing the dec repeats enough or the corner stitches...does that make sense? It took me a bit to get the hang of the stitch repeats, and I keep having to refer to the pattern or I get confused with it.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lunchbox, I put my square up to yours on the screen and from what I can see, although I'm not 100% sure and I'm no expert, it looks like your mistake is on either rounds 3 &/or 4...on round 3 you should have 3 ch1 sp on each side, then the 2 corners...it looks like you have 2 on one side (picture left) and 4 on the bottom side...this could be when you are doing round 3 you aren't doing the dec repeats enough or the corner stitches...does that make sense? It took me a bit to get the hang of the stitch repeats, and I keep having to refer to the pattern or I get confused with it.

In row 4 - maybe there are just three dec's instead of four on the left side in the picture, and it's cornered in the last ch 1 space, then five dec's on the row at the bottom to make up for it. I think I can see that's what happened because I did it once in my test square.

The baby is now playing with that test square to distract her while I'm crocheting the rest!

Here's my progress to date. I've added a round to make the squares bigger. I've finished 5 so far, and I'm weaving ends (nightmare!) and putting them together as I go. I tend to get bored doing the same thing over too many times!

bagsquares.jpg

Here's my progress to date. I've added a round to make the squares bigger. I've finished 5 so far, and I'm weaving ends (nightmare!) and putting them together as I go. I tend to get bored doing the same thing over too many times!

bagsquares.jpg

I love those colors! Sigh. I appreciate the advice. I thinkI am going to scrap these squares and start over. I have really been wanting to make something with black, pink, and green anyways.

I am in too. but can't post a picture I don't have a printer. I have all 13 made.

but, I had them made once already. Well, what happened to the first 13.

Dare I tell. :no

Nope, I think not you'd all see how I goofed. :yes

You can't make me tell. :no

I am going to be putting them together soon.

I think I might line it.

I love this purse. I am going to sew a big deep pocket on it too.

I didn't do sugar's and Creme; but I am thinking of it. I love that yarn. PINKROSES

Cool, I've been doing this too. I'm near completion, but I haven't touched it in awhile. Benn making it for a friend's b-day. All I need to do is the lining and then sew on some more blocks. Oh yeah, I need to do the handles. I chose colors of off-white, pale pink, and teal - I dunno if I like the color combination if it, it's starting to look like a watermelon to me now, but maybe it can be cute.

I'll post pics when I'm done!

Also are there any good tutuorials out there explaining how to sew on the lining to a crocheted bag? I'll have to hand sew, because I don't have a sewing machine - actually I don't know how to use one (I want to learn one day tho!)

toriem, you might want to try this link for a lining tutorial, it's pretty good:

http://www.helloknitty.com/pdfs/Lining.pdf

It's not that hard to do, I'm done mine and all I did was trace the bag onto a piece of paper, add 1/2 inch for a seam allowance all around and then cut out the fabric, fold 1/2 inch of each side of the 'points' down and iron it, (I'm sure there's lots of other ways you can do it too) then sewed the sides and pinned the lining into the bag and then blind hemmed it by hand. Writing it out it makes it sound complicated but it's really not! ;)

When I get a chance I'll take a picture of my bag and post it.

Kim, your squares are looking really nice!!

Pinkroses, that's the way I've done it in the past and haven't had any problems :D

I took a picture of my finished bag. I can see myself making more of these, they are fun to do. :lol I was thinking of using cotton yarn but ended up using regular worsted...but I still think it would be great in cotton.

You can see a pictures of my finished tote bag here on my blog.

Thanks for looking :hook and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's finished products!

Hey Chain I like your bag. I like the little touches of embroidery. and like the colors too. I hope mine will turn out as well. ? PINKROSES

Everybody's squares look great! Great color choices, too.

I've got a square made using the proper size hook and, voila, it's the right size! So I've gotten two done so far. I've started making more assembly line style.

But my squares are wonky. My tension is all over the place. I've been frogging a lot. And the TLC yarn splits which drives me crazy.

And now that I've been working with my colors I'm less thrilled with them. But I think I'll forge on anyway.

Anyway, I took a picture of the first square and here it is:taptote1.jpg

The colors look darker than they do in person. I need more practice with the digital camera!

Hey everyone . How are your bags coming alone.? I finished sewing mine together. This time I studied the pattern good. and the purse went together no prolem:yes

I would send in a picture; but no printer and things.

Mine is black, lavender, ( med lavender) , Med. pink ( I had to use some pink) and an ombre skein . it is a mixture of light lavender, pink , blue and a bit of light yellow.

I need to make the handles and make the lining. I am going to line mine and put two big pockets into the lining . one on each side of the inside lining.

I haven't made Granny squares in years and finding I am falling in love:manyheart all over again. I enjoyed working on the purse. I am going to make a internet friend one. PINKROSES

Pinkroses, your purse sounds really nice! :D Let me know how your handles go...I found the instructions a bit confusing when I read the pattern through, but when I actually sat down and had it in front of me I think I managed okay...I'd be interested to know everyone else's experiences with it.

Chain F. I cannot get the page to go to the handles. I think I am going to make my own. Doesn't look to difficult.

I don't have a scanner or printer. So , I had to hand copy and didn't get all the pattern. :lol

Let me know how the handles are going and if you could

please type them out for me if they are not to diffcult to type out? I may can just look at the one we have and wing it? :yesPINKROSES

Pinkroses, I'm in the same boat as you as my printer decided not to cooperate :( I ended up writing it out by hand as well. Try clicking here and see if this link works any better for you, I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to access the second page of instructions...

I just can't seem to get to the handle's directions. But, I think I can make them up on my own. Doesn't look to diffcult.

I made another purse for a friend over the weenkend so that is four handles I have to make. :lol

I need to get into my fabric and pick out the lining. I love to quilt and sew too. So , I should be able to find some leftovers? :yes

Thanks Chain for helping. we just don't have the room or the money for the extras yet. Hope fully one day. Hugs. PINKROSES

I love seeing everyone's work and the different color combinations. It's really interesting to see the different interpretations of the pattern.

Finished mine this morning, this is a great bag. I'm trying to decide what to put in it now!

bag.jpg

I'm not sure if I like what the camera is doing to the colors. I think the blue is just a bit deeper than what's showing up here. I want a new camera for my birthday!

I have been lurking for a few weeks and have decided to jump in. I think that I have some yarn around here (LOL) that I could use for this...if not, guess I could force myself to go get some.

This tote is really cute and after seeing everyone's pics, I can't resist! Will post my progress...when I get going. LOL

~Rebecca

Archived