Wool purse

jobean

Jobean, that's a purse I REALLY like! It's not too big and has a nice classic look to it. Are you going to keep the pattern a secret? I'd really love to try it in the Lion Suede that I have languishing in my stash closet. :D

Jobean, your purse is fantastic! I love the pattern and the handles...do you mind my asking how big it is? Was this your pattern or is it readily available, because you have inspired me to try it :lol

Jobean, that's a purse I REALLY like! It's not too big and has a nice classic look to it. Are you going to keep the pattern a secret? I'd really love to try it in the Lion Suede that I have languishing in my stash closet. :D

My Lion Suede is languishing, too. It would make a cute cable purse.

Thanks everyone!

The pattern is my own. It is a version of my cable purse pattern. I'm thinking of including it with the original because they are so similar.

The purse is approximately 10w x 8h x 2.5d inches not including the handles. The size is just right for me, I was able to put my big wallet in it and have room for cell phone and other stuff, without having to carry a giant bag. :)

Jobean, it is fantastic:applause! Just the right size,:yes and the classic look to it...I think you should consider working out your pattern:pencil, because I know of a lot of people here who would love to make it! It is a wonderful purse for the Winter! :2snow Is it basically like the other purse, but the different handles give it a different shape?

Thanks Debbie. I created new shaping for this purse to give it the size and structure, the similarity is in the cables, so maybe it's more different than I thought.

Macgillie, it is lined with fabric. I basically created a bag of the same inside dimensions and stitched it in place. I read somewhere about buying a pre-made liner or canvas tote for convenience, that sounded like a good idea. I also googled lining purses and found lots of great instructions.

• 4 months later...

Archived