Shoulder Wrap

Mermaiden

I saw a cute pattern in a book but it was the only one in the book. Figured I'd give it a try myself, and it was easy since it's SC's. :) Instead of Moonlight Mohair, I used some Dynasty Yarns brand I bought at Hancock's which is an acrylic/mohair blend, and I added a 2nd strand so I wouldn't be missing the metallic strand - a silver metallic thread. I also didn't want to join it into a tube shape so mine's just open with a brooch to hold it together, for now.

2747363540026294795EckEGx_th.jpg 2797965450026294795MyfDkg_th.jpg

(click to enlarge)

Very beautiful! I love how the metallic strand looks in there...where do you buy thread like that? Is it just sewing thread or is it crochet thread? Im intrigued!:goodorbad Great job!

Yup, just regular sewing thread! :) I couldn't resist trying it at least. Now I think I'll be picking up some other colors. It's Coats & Clark brand and I even found it at Wal-Mart. 200 yards. :hook

Very Very pretty shoulder wrap! I love anything that sparkles and shines!

It looks elegant! Great job you did! :cheer

That is too cute! It has a real retro look to it for me...looks like something from the late 50s or early 60s! It is just the right thing for a chilly Summer evening! So glad that you shared it with us:hug Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Thanks for posting that picture... it really does sparkle! Very pretty. I was thinking of seeing if they had some fuschia or magenta metallic (I've seen it on websites) because I want to kind of pop out that color.

Joan

Archived