My new hook case

danileo

Nice!

Veganfairylover, I eat soy ice cream, too. (The other kind does nasty things to me intestinal system if you know what I mean...) It's actually quite good! :) (My husband thinks it's disgusting, but I think since I drink soy milk all the time, it tastes good to me.)

Tina

I like that I need to make me one. I currently have mine in a pencil box. It works ok . That would be good to to work different chrochet designs. PINKROSES

Wow, that beats the heck out of my old eyeglass case carried in a plastic shopping bag! What sort of stitch did you use for the outside? it has a nice subtle texture to it.

The stitch is called a cross-stitch - it is 2 double crochets, one crossed over the other.

Thanks all, for the kind words--this pattern had been eluding me, and not until I examined it line by line, and found the errors, was I able to make it correctly. Priscilla Hewett is a good designer, and I did try to contact her about the errors and how I had written in the corrections, but she doesn't seem to be around any more.....

So, your kind words a muchly appreciated.

• 1 year later...

I just joined the 'ville last month and found this post while poking around a bit. Your case looks great. I have a hook case similar to yours with the pockets. I found that the yarn was just to bulky for the small thread hooks and that they got lost in the pockets. So I gave that one to DH. :devil Therefore I made mine out of size 10 thread and made up my own pocket sizes and widths for ruler, sissors, needles, and hooks. I used plastic canvas to make it stiff and washable (idea from Annie of Annies Attic). It is about the size of checkbook cover, so I guess this pattern could be adapted for that too. I took pictures and updated this post with them (clickable images). Thanks for sharing yours, as this was the only post that I have seen so far that has the book holder instead of a roll.

The front: 1216506768-2.jpg?t=1216511350

The inside:1216506766-1.jpg?t=1216511455 and another shot of it:1216506765-1.jpg?t=1216511562The back (so I could tell the difference):1216506768-1-1.jpg?t=1216511184 And the entire outside: 1216506767-1.jpg?t=1216511668

Sorry, it is a little dirty as I haven't washed it in the ? yrs since I made it. I do not have a zipper or velcro or a loop to go over a button. I leave it like a checkbook cover.

Did you install a zipper on this? I love the look of the case itself, but wonder how well it works in practical application if it doesn't close. I'd like to make one myself, but I don't do zippers at all. I'd have to take it to my drycleaner to have a zipper installed!....LOL!

Archived