Solomon's knot shawl

DesertCrocheter

Here's a photo of the Solomon's knot shawl that I made my mom for her birthday next month. My sister and I are taking her on a cruise to Bermuda (it's birthday no. 75! :cheer), and since it's probably cold with all the air conditioning, and I don't want her wearing a fleece sweater over her party clothes on the formal nights, I made her this. It's out of Elann Endless Summer Luna in Zen red (3 and one half skeins), and I sort of winged the pattern by combining elements from two other shawls. Not bad for my first shawl.> Thanks for looking, Patty

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/Clothing/IM003214.jpg

Very nice! By the way, how do you keep the dog hair out of your crochet projects? I have a dog, too, and no matter how much we vacuum and use the lint roller, there is always dog hair.

No dog fur? You mean, there's life without dog (or cat fur)? Nah, you can't be serious. :lol The only thing I worry about the fur with are the Project Linus blankets I make, but I have a special, closed hamper in my closet in which they get stored and Patty's Patented Fur-Removal System to go over all of them before I donate them. I hate to admit this, but I'm a little suspicious of people who don't have fur on their clothes. And I figure anyone upset by the fur on mine is probably not someone I'd have much in common with anyway.

That's my Mr. Big, Mikolaj, in the photo with me. I didn't realize he was there. He's looking a little worried. I wonder what trouble he'd been up to before this?

Thanks for the kind words!

Patty, furred by :dog:dog:cat:cat:cat

edited to add: BTW, I save their fur with the dream of learning how to spin it and make something out of it one day. We've had Samoyeds in my family for 36 years, so we have lots of bags of fur saved.

Really nice!:yes :yes ...and I love the color: You did a great job. :party:birthday:cake Happy Birthday to your Mom! I went on a cruise to Bermuda several years ago with my Grandmother and had a great time, hope you do too! Remember to bring along a bit of yarn for some on deck crocheting!:hook

The shawl is beautiful! Mom is going to be a stunning lady on your cruise. I love that you made it red. She'll stand out in the crowd.

Happy birthday, Mom...and have a great time!

Thanks for the kind words!

Patty, furred by :dog:dog:cat:cat:cat

edited to add: BTW, I save their fur with the dream of learning how to spin it and make something out of it one day. We've had Samoyeds in my family for 36 years, so we have lots of bags of fur saved.

Patty .. that is a beautiful shawl!! I just wish my landlord allowed pets *sigh* I miss my dogs. Here is a link you might find useful.

Woofspunâ„¢ Dog Hair Yarn

Thanks, ladies! And Debbie, I'm bringing my threads and a thread needle to work on some snowflakes and a snowflake garland. I can't imagine 5 days without crocheting. Plus I'm working 2 jobs here so I have to limit my crocheting to every other evening. :( We're going to Bermuda, too. It's not the kind of vacation I'd ever pick (I'm more the "Let's take a walking tour of the Lake District" or "How many museums can we see in Madrid?" kind of vacationer, so it's probably very good for me to try something completely different! The last cruise I took was with 40 people down the Mekong River in Laos in 2000. This one will have over 3,000 people!!:eek ), but they do serve afternoon tea. :yes Tea and relaxing and for this desert rat--lots of water, water everywhere!!! That is the part I'm most looking forward to, just seeing that much water! Patty

Archived