Fish from the Great Barrier Reef.

cupcake

It has taken me a while to write these up , test them, photograph them, and enjoy them. They are fair dinkum originals inspired by my time in Townsville in North Queensland. There are 4 different designs to play with:

Clown fish ala you know who! This little guy was on the reef a long time before he made it to the movies. I started with the traditional colours but then experimented to see what would happen.

img82918ka.th.jpg

Angel fish which I gave a lacy look to reflect the scales.

img82949mr.th.jpg

Tang Fish who has what I call kissy lips

tang5ij.th.jpg

And my favourite little guy who uses next nothing thread and is sooo cute the Australian Seahorse.

seahorse1wu.th.jpg

I have just listed these at my etsy store. http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=44224

I have no idea how to go about getting stuff published from over here , but I reckon the colours would look fabulous on a leaflet. Btw the sand is from our Gold Coast Beach. I figured they needed a bit of setting up, and I am pleased at how good a pdf can look done by me on a Sunday, with a bit of thread, sand and shells!:D :D :D .

I see so many possibilities for these. My GS and GD share a bathroom at my son's house and their shower curtain is bright blue with fish on it. I could see these as embellishments on curtains and shower hooks, and framed as wall hangings, and oh yea, a wreath with seashells! I don't know how to but from etsy without a credit card but if there is a way let me know. I would really like to get the pattern for these.

Archived