Where to find purse handles?

Appliejuice

Where is the best place on the web to find purse handles, besides eBay? I have gone to Michael's and to Hobby Lobby and neither of them carry much. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for the help. :)

I've never tried making purses because I can never find some decent handles to try one out...and we don't have a Joanns here...so...I guess I'm just gonna have to send for them through catalog.

I just bought a bunch this morning from here

http://stores.ebay.com/Yesterday-and-Today_Purse-Handles_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ15QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I know you said "beside eBay" but it was a pretty painless experience, I just wanted to share. They are very reasonably priced and they combine shipping!

Although I've never purchased from here before, I bookmarked it from a long-ago thread on the forum singing their praises. Perhaps you'll see something you like here?

http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=42

Hobby Lobby has a huge amount of purse supplies now. All kinds of things from handles to clasps etc.

Also, Wal-mart, JoAnns, Michaels, and Hancock Fabrics all have the supplies.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

Good luck.

Linda:cheer

Thanks Linda. I checked Michaels and they had next to nothing available and I didn't see any at Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby just opened up a few weeks ago, and they looked like they were not fully supplied yet. I hope to go there today and have another look-see. :) I hope they have what I want. I am getting antsy to make this new purse. :ducky

http://crochetthreadsandmore.blogspot.com/2006/01/monaco-cotton-threads-and-shipping.html

If you don't see the handles here you can PM her. She had quite a selection.

I want to echo what the others have said about our fellow Crochetville member Jackie (jaclim). She sells Canon, Monaco and Anchor cotton threads as well (very unique colors that you can't find in the standard cotton thread selections). I bought several of her purse handles and was VERY pleased with them. I've noticed that the bamboo handles seem to sell out very quickly in the stores, but she always has had a good supply. She is very helpful by email or PM if you have any questions.

Be sure and let us see what you are making! (We're nosy!) :hook:lol:hook

Be sure and let us see what you are making! (We're nosy!) :hook:lol:hook

Well... I am making a Pretty Purse by Coats and Clark. I found a project sheet at Hobby Lobby. At the top of the sheet it says, Knit and Crochet Accessories, Pretty Purses, LW1369. I can't find it on the internet.

I went to Hobby Lobby today and they had some handles, but not many and not the one I wanted. They did have bamboo that would fit, but I just do not like bamboo. :no I want the Darice handle that looks like wooden beads. I found it at Joann's on the internet, so I hope to go there sometime next week and have a look. If I can't find it there, I'll just order it.

I have already started on the purse and it is working up fast. I am using TLC Essentials (which the pattern calls for), color is Oasis.

I also was thinking of making the CrochetDude's handbag, http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/50942.html?noImages= . Hobby Lobby didn't have the suede or the handle. :( Was actually looking for another handle; still don't like the bamboo. :)

The funny thing is, I don't really like carrying crocheted purses, but I like making them. I will probably be giving these away. :shrug

I now have another question about purses, so I am off to figure out which forum to post it in. :lol:

• 1 month later...

hi michelle- the reason i joined this message board today was because i was searching on google for purse corners and saw this website and your question about beaded purse handles. i get a lot of my stuff from createforless.com. they carry the darice handles, and though they might be out of stock right now, they get them in pretty quick. hope this helps:cheer

• 2 weeks later...

Some Michaels stores carry more products than others. It depends on the size of the store. I found this out while talking to an employee (asking why I couldn't find an item that was suppost to be carried by Michaels). So chances are if you live near (or in) a large city which has a bigger store, you should be able to find what you're looking for.

Archived