Experimental Pink Eyelash Top for Daughter

KnicKnac

Hello,

I made this last weekend, but I am just getting the pictures up today. I made it in less than 2 hours. It worked up so quick. I really don't know what I did (except it was done entirely with DC) so I couldn't begin to give you a pattern. I did the border in two rows of SC. I just kept at it until it fit my daughter.

It's eyelash yarn and a strand of RH Super Saver - it was fun, it was just an experiment, and now all my daughters girlfriends in her kindergarten class want one!

This is the front:

pinktopfront.jpg

This is the back:

pinktopback.jpg

I plan to get a picture of her in it soon.

Thanks for looking!

Cute... great job... I have worked with eyelash yarn... I did a scarf using the eyelash yarn and acrylic together.. it was a fun project.

That is soo cool! I have some of what looks like the exact same eyelash! I was wondering, did you do just a single strand of eyelash for the body, of 2 strands of eyelash, or 1 eyelash and 1 reg. yarn? I am very curious... my 4 year old DD would love this!

Tina

Thanks!

Tina, the whole entire thing is done with two strands, one of regular RH SS in white and the other is the eyelash yarn.

This is the best I can do for some sort of pattern. I just chained enough to reach from about right under start of armpit to the other, then turned and DC across. I increased stitches a bit as I was going on, until I reached about 3 inches. I then off of that last row started chaining enough to go around her waist/chest area - then joined and DC'd in the round until it got to the length I wanted.

For the straps, I just started by attaching them to the front area and made it wider in the front then in the back.

I know, not much a pattern describer here! LOL

Hello,

It's eyelash yarn and a strand of RH Super Saver - it was fun, it was just an experiment, and now all my daughters girlfriends in her kindergarten class want one!

I can see why they all want one, it's adorable!:)

Carol

Cool! I kinda figured it must be 2 strands... Your "pattern" makes total sense too! If I ever get thru all my WIP's I will post pics of one I make! Thanks for the awsome idea! Are you gonna make more for your daughter?

Tina

Thank you eyenowhour!

Really, most of the stuff I crochet right now is for my daughter. I bought like 8 rolls of this eyelash stuff and only used 3 rolls for that shirt so I imagine I will be making more stuff for her out of it.

I can't wait to see pics that you will be posting of what you have done with it.

This is such a sweet little top. Thank goodness my 4 yo is in bed, because she would be begging me to make one just like it. I have so many other projects to get to.

Then again, how much yarn did it take? I have some eyelash and some RHSS just lying around...

Lauren, it hardly took any of the RHSS - maybe about a half a skein, and the eyelash only about 3 rolls (about 5 ounces?) - and keep in mind, it took NO time at all to get it done. It was QUICK!

Tampa Doll - I will take her pic in it! I promise!!!

Thanks CrochetChick!

• 1 month later...

Archived