Butterfly Garden Square Pillowghan

mason204

I've always loved the butterfly garden square so, when my 25 year old couch afghan needed replacing, I thought I'd make an afghan using this 12" square pattern.

The folks at the Pillowghan crochetalong gave me the inspiration to try this. I've always wanted to make a pillowghan but was intimidated by the idea of making 28 squares. This one was made with 12 - 12" squares. Very manageable, I thought!

th_pillowghan2.jpg

[Click to embiggen]

and the resulting pillow...

th_pillowghan1.jpg

The details:

Yarn: Red Heart Comfort

Hook: 5.5 mm (I)

Pattern: Butterfly Garden Square

It looks very pretty. Could you tell me what the dark color is? I love the sage and what looks like a light cream on my monitor. Is the dark color a dark blue or black? The squares are a pretty pattern. I bet it looks great on your couch. :hook:cheer:clap

Wacky do that turned out well. I must try that. Does it all fold up into the pillow so you need an extra square??

Thanks, all for your comments:

Cupcake: Yup, I actually made 13 - 12" squares (the extra square was the pillow cover). Gee, I forgot about that. ;)

Crochetmama: It's navy. It was funny because the store where I bought the yarn had all these huge balls of yarn in a big bin. At one point, to get to the bottom, I literally had to hold my 6 year old upside down so she could squirm to the bottom of the bin. All very safe, of coure, and lots of giggles involved. As a result, I couldn't be too picky and ended up with one 12oz ball of navy. :yay

What a crocheter will do for yarn!:devil

Thanks for that. It certainly turned out well. I read through every post on the CAL for this and got confused cos the link says to make 28 X 12 inch squares with 4 for the cover. Seemed quite huge to me.

Archived