Crochet -a- Quilt

JulieKay

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning Ladies

Hope you all have a wonderful day today and make some progress on your afghans , no matter how big or small .

It is a beautiful day here in Hicksville, USA .

Hope you are all having good weather where you are ~ :manyheart

Good Morning!:cheer

Julie: Your ghan is so beautiful, I love the colors. I just bought those colors for a caterpillar :o)

Forines: The ghan pattern I have is made of granny squares, I think I would run from a graph too.

It's coming along, 22 squares done & 300 something to go:eek , so I bet stop chatting & get to work:hook . Everyone's doing such a beautiful job on there's, I hope mine comes out half as nice.:manyheart If I get destracted, i'm coming here for the :tryme. Have a good day everyone!

~Tabitha~

i envy how you can start something and finish it very quickly.
oh, andrea! you're so funny:sofunny :rofl:haha:laughroll:lol

i'm going to be working on mine forever.

WHERE THE HECKS HICKSVILLE USA?:think

Sounds like a neat town!

HAVE A NICE DAY

Does it sound crazy to sew the praire star blocks together?

I have made a few But what color goes with burgandy and misty green?

Hi Ho Evelyn

Hicksville is just the nickname of my town ... just what I like to call it because that's kinda what it is . :lol

But, yea, it is a nice place and I like it here .

Well, I guess you could sew the diamonds together if you'd rather. It really is pretty easy putting them together as long as you keep track of which one goes where .

Let's see. .... other colors to match yours.. you could use some other shades of greens or reds.. you know, like darker or lighter ones ? Maybe an aran , off white... something like that ?

Keep at it, Tabby, you'll get it done. If I can do it, anybody can . :)

Good morning quilters! 4 squares done, 11 to go! WOO HOO! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Ok, when I made a ghan that was made up of 100's of little squares I would actually crochet them into each other instead of whipstitching them all together. It's whatever floats your boat, but I found it easier to do it this way then at the end...

Okay ladies here is the picture of the next round done!! Thanks to Ines's full marks I am inspired to weave in the ends as I go lol!!! I just can't see myself weaving in the ends otherwise!!!

prairiestarpart2.jpg

I have started the next round with baby pink:) hopefully pic tomorrow as I am watching a cricket match between India and Pakistan and its bound to stretch into the night!!!

Well done Donna!! Can't wait to see your ghan!

Evelyn I don't know about seewing the sqaures later but joining them as you go is very very quick and you don't join stitch for stitch just in the chain spaces..

hugs

Vims

crochet lady, yours is turning out very pretty. i love the colors i bought my yarn for it yesterday and i went pretty much with the colors that the pattern called for.

dazy, lol i will be here with you forever im afraid lol.

hope e1 has a great day.

Around the World here I come! :clap As soon as I get the gauge, need 3 1/2 inch squares. Would it be possible to join squares as you go? I really hate to sew them, especially since I have to change yarn for each square.

Very pretty Vims !!! I love it .

Sprts---

Yes, you could probably join the squares as you make them . As long as you had a chart of colors to follow so you remember what to put where. That was a little confusing to me, so that's why I laid them all out and did them the way I did.

I don't think there's a right or wrong way, just whatever way works best for you ~ :)

crochetlady that gahn is pretty

I know how to connect them by crocheting them together, I have done it on alot of them .I just like the flater look without the holes.

Thats a good nick name we used to call a town here dillyholler nick name

Well I just tried the joining as I go. I do have a color chart, so that shouldn't be a problem. I do have a little problem. Four of my colors pink, rose, lt. green and sage are Caron 1 lb. The white is Red Heart Super Saver. The 1 lb is thicker. I've tried using a bigger hook fo the RH and I think it will work. :clap

Afternoon all. Just wanted to drop in and share what I have done so far. I have completed three blocks and joined them together. This pattern dont call for an edging but I think I will put one on anyways. Just to give it that finished look. This is the width of the afghan. It is huge.

IM001771.jpg

Vims you are doing a beautiful job so far. :cheer

Well I am off to the school to get my son sign up for baseball. Hopefully to get some more crocheting done too...:hook

BRANDY & TABBY ---- your afghan squares look great! Love the colors of both!

Lynn

:yayBrandy and Tabitha....BeaUtiful! Brandy, is yours the drunkards path? Sorry it's hard to keep track, but I really like that pattern of yours. I have 50 or 6o more little squares before I can complete any squares, but I am plugging away.

Theresa "2"

Julie, as my Dad would have said, IT'S BEAUTIMUS! that was his highest praise, and he always delivered it with suitable gravity (and a twinkle in his eye). He did lovely woodwork, and knew the value of hand-created, useful things.

He would have liked your afghan very much! (as do I! :cheer )

IT's DONE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:dance:bounce:2rock:jumpyay:woo

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jlabo1/album?.dir=4760

Archived