My first picture post: toilet seat cover

Yammy

I never would have thought of crocheting a thread seat cover but it is really beautiful. Really makes it look like a "throne" now. :)

Yammi, you did a beautiful job on this. Since I love to work with thread, I think I am going to try this. The only problem is, I have the oval shaped commode. Do you think this would accomodate that size?:think

Rosemary, Don't be afraid of thread. That is what I had to learn on. Thread is so versatile. All you have to do is to get used to the difference in size, both on the hook and on the thread, instead of yarn. Work on a pattern that is small, such as a coaster, and use a size 10 thread with a larger hook and that will get you a start.

I love it! I never thought that I would say that about a toilet-seat cover. Working in thread is scary to me, but I wish that I would be able to.

Rosemary,

Once you work in your row with the elastic at the end it fits around the oval of the toilet very well.

Everyone,

thanks so much for the encouragement, you all are just great!

i normally dispise (sp) toilet covers and lid covers

THAT is beautiful and the pattern has been saved in my today someday files

thanks for sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't think I would like it, but your seat cover actually looks classy! I've never been fond of those bathroom decorations, but this one I think I could actually live with. You did a great job!

Archived