Star-shaped Afghan Pattern!

yarndiva

I love this pattern. I'm thinking of making a large one for an adult. I'm already doing the "Old Glory Afghan" for the Patriotic CAL but doggone it, this is such a great pattern I think it's too great to pass up! :hook

Love your star pattern..do you have a pattern like this in a larger size? or know of another one like it..I have made a small one but want to make a larger one for my bed..I've looked all over and when I saw this website I thought maybe someone would have one..so I hope someone can help

thanks

At the risk of appearing really foolish... I see your name is Beth.. so is this the same star afghan pattern that has been floating around as "Beth's Little Star Afghan?"

Aaah...:lol No, we have a similar pattern, but the center in my star is solid as opposed to hers which is lacy.

I made mine up 3 years ago, she probably either altered my pattern or made it up herself :P

Thanks for asking, though :D

Love your star pattern..do you have a pattern like this in a larger size? or know of another one like it..I have made a small one but want to make a larger one for my bed..I've looked all over and when I saw this website I thought maybe someone would have one..so I hope someone can help

thanks

You can use worsted weight yarn in any hook size you are comfortable with.

There is no gauge. I've made this in many yarn weights and my favorite is Simply Soft by Caron...soo snuggly!

When your afghan is about, oh 7 feet wide or longer, or if it drapes nicely over your bed, then it's time to stop and put an edging :lol

The great thing about this pattern is that YOU control how long or how big it gets!

I hope you make it, don't forget to post a picture of it when you are done!!

I love this pattern. I'm thinking of making a large one for an adult. I'm already doing the "Old Glory Afghan" for the Patriotic CAL but doggone it, this is such a great pattern I think it's too great to pass up! :hook

This is a great pattern to "de-stress" if you are frustrated or just bored with another project you are making.

Great for Doctor's visits and loong road trips!

Your star afghan turned out nice.. I have seen the one Red Heart has out done in their baby cloud yarn.. Haven't tried a star shaped afghan.. Thank you for sharing the picture and pattern.

:cheer:manyheart:clap

Oh my gosh Beth, you are "Yarn Diva?" I'm just used to "MamaBeth!" I didn't even know you were on this forum. I haven't seen you around the other forum for so long. It's nice to see you here! And you've been here a while, b/c I see you have 93 posts. I see you have written up several patterns for sale. Have written up the yellow Easter dress pattern yet - the one where the girls' pics were taken among the BlueBonnets? I think I just read on your blog that you're going to be working on new Easter dresses now...

Oh my gosh Beth, you are "Yarn Diva?" I'm just used to "MamaBeth!" I didn't even know you were on this forum. I haven't seen you around the other forum for so long. It's nice to see you here! And you've been here a while, b/c I see you have 93 posts. I see you have written up several patterns for sale. Have written up the yellow Easter dress pattern yet - the one where the girls' pics were taken among the BlueBonnets? I think I just read on your blog that you're going to be working on new Easter dresses now...

Heehee, Hello Shelley, I felt like a change needed to happen in my name, I am mommy or mama all the time :lol

Which Easter Dress Pattern are you talking about? The ones with the little rosebuds in the bodice of the dresses or the ones with a fabric skirt with the crocheted bodice. They were both taken among the BlueBonnets :think

I may have already written that pattern down (I have GOT to get organized!)

I remember it being a yellow dress with open stitch skirt and I think fabric was sewn underneath it like a slip. But I also remember blue flowers across the waist! All the same dress. Now I am wondering which dress you are thinking of? Have I missed one of your creations?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived