Comfortghan Request for Cousins newborn baby (UPDATE on post #19)

donnalynn2

My cousin just e-mailed me and his middle child (who is now I think in her mid-20's) just had a baby boy. He's only a week old and he may not survive. He's got a condition called "Congenital Draphmatic Hernia" and has to have an operation to even have a chance. I guess the operation on a newborn is very risky and most have about a 10% chance of surviving it. The baby's name is Moses and understandably my 2nd cousin is not doing well.

I thought it would be nice to send her a "baby" comfortghan using baby colors. If you could donate any squares I would appreciate it! I would like 8" squares. Doesn't have to be in baby yarn, but I would prefer those bright, cheery baby colors.

Please e-mail me if you can donate! I would like to send this to her ASAP. I know we all have swaps and other obligations so if it'll be a couple of weeks, I understand.

My e-mail addy is: donnalynn237 at aol dot com

Thanks everyone...

P.S. Please go to post #5 for an update on this request! :manyheart

Thank you to a wonderful C'Viller who suggested I not only make a comfortghan for the baby but for the baby's mother as well! What a wonderful way to send the entire family comfort!

So, I am asking for the 8 inch squares in baby colors and now I'd also like some 12 inch squares for the mom. For hers I would still like bright, cheery colors, but not baby colors. I am planning on stitching hers together with Simply Soft so I would prefer squares made with that yarn, but if you only have regular WW that's fine too.

I would like to get these sent off to her in the next couple of weeks so whatever 8 or 12 inch squares you can send will be of so greatly appreciated! If you can only donate one or the other that's fine. I'll be making some too to fill in the gaps.

Thanks so much for helping me!

donna, i can do a couple squares for both mom and baby, please tell your cousin i have included her and baby moses in my prayer chain at church:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart how many do you need and when by i don't have much ss but i know i have a couple skeins of it, one is bright green, and the other red/pink, please let me know if you can use this, either e-mail me or pm me or answer here even i will check this post often:hug :hug

Donna, I'm going to pm you for your address. Count me in for a square for each blanket.

Thanks so much!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery is scheduled for Monday. They have scheduled it twice and then cancelled it. We are hoping it goes through tomorrow. Please keep them in your thoughts. I want to thank everyone for their generosity in offering to help make squares. This place never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again, I am sending everyone a great, big HUG! :hug

will be praying all goes well for baby moses. the advances in the medical field are amazing and even 10% is better than none right? take care hon:hug :hug

Thanks so much!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the surgery is scheduled for Monday. They have scheduled it twice and then cancelled it. We are hoping it goes through tomorrow. Please keep them in your thoughts. I want to thank everyone for their generosity in offering to help make squares. This place never ceases to amaze me. Thanks again, I am sending everyone a great, big HUG! :hug

Hi all. Just got an e-mail from my cousin and baby Moses had surgery yesterday. They finally took him off the meds he was on to make him very still and he's eating through a tube. He says that everyone is super excited as he had his first poopy diaper this morning which is wonderful news! So far so good!!!

Thanks for all your hugs sent their way! I know they helped!!!

Will update again when I hear more!

Hi all. Just got an e-mail from my cousin and baby Moses had surgery yesterday. They finally took him off the meds he was on to make him very still and he's eating through a tube. He says that everyone is super excited as he had his first poopy diaper this morning which is wonderful news! So far so good!!!

Thanks for all your hugs sent their way! I know they helped!!!

Will update again when I hear more!

I am so glad about the good news. I just wanted to let you know tomorrow I will be sending some blocks for the baby blanket and also for the mom blanket.

Ok, the latest info I got is wonderful news! Baby Moses is doing well and has started nursing!!! He's off all medications now except for a dieretic (not sure why he's still on that) but the progress is wonderful!!! Thanks for all your good thoughts and cyber hugs.

So far I rcv'd Jimmie Lu's squares (thanks) and I am expecting more in the mail by next week. Thanks to all for your help!!!!!

Donna

I am pretty new to this forum, and just read your post. I will donate a square for the comfortghan. Send me a msg with your address and I will try and get it done this weekend and mail it on Monday. Glad to hear he is doing well.

Debbie:clap

Hi everyone. I have rcv'd squares from

Coralie Rowley

Susan Doty

Jimmie Lu

Michelle Tapia

Thanks so much. They are all so wonderful! I am just wondering who is still making and who has sent and I haven't gotten yet. I am wanting to put this thing together and get it in the mail next Monday after DH gets paid and I have the money to send to my cousin. I don't want to put it together til I have all the squares though so please PM me if you are still making or already sent and I haven't gotten so I know to be on the lookout! If for some reason you don't have my addy, please PM me and I'll send it along.

Thanks again everyone!

P.S. The prognosis is wonderful for baby Moses. He is doing better all the time and although he's still in ICU, this looks like a miracle! My cousin sent me a few pics of him and it just broke my heart seeing this precious little baby hooked up to all kinds of machines. What a joy that he made it through the surgery and appears to be doing well. Thanks so much for your generosity. I know these comfortghans will mean the world to her.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who sent me squares! I am going to stitch them together this week and hopefully get it mailed out by the weekend. Thanks to everyone for helping out with this!

I got an e-mail from my cousin this morning and baby Moses is doing well. He has finally been moved out of ICU but is still not able to go home yet. He's still got lots of tubes attached and such but his momma is able to feed him through a bottle finally and he's growing which is wonderful! It's a wonderful miracle!

Again, thanks for all the prayers, good wishes and hugs sent her way. I know they were heard!

Thanks again everyone! Will post again with pics when I get them stitches together!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived